Gibson Brands Forums

At the Portland Jetport

ksdaddy

My wife and I are both on vacation this week. Today we had new carpeting put in the living room to replace the Brady Bunch carpeting that was there. We only oversaw for a bit because we then drove the 300 or so miles to Portland. We bought an 11 month old Jack Russell Terrier and he's being flown here from Arkansas. I already have a Golden Retriever Maggie so she'll have a "brother". It's going to be long drive home!

Those Jack Russell Terriers are a ball of energy, play, play, play. I own one, so I know. They are extremely smart and love to learn new tricks or do obstacle courses , fetch, hide and seek, digging, hunting/tracking, whew! They are an aggressive breed, so keep that in mind around other dogs and kids.

They are a great companion and really loyal. Have fun with your new friend, get lots of training early.

The ride home was fine. He laid on Penny's lap and didn't make a peep. He and Maggie hit it off right away, the only danger being Maggie trampling him underfoot. He slept on the floor on my side of the bed, not a sound.

Very mellow little pup, amazingly.

10455843_787426921298186_5442078485449426821_n.jpg?oh=605ab0366704fe407cf4dcc0f6524788&oe=544C9CC6&__gda__=1413995134_e192b76dc1525e4b3de1f6598e082f0e

Adorable pup.

Must be the season.

We went out to our local SPCA to meet a 3 month old giant Schnauzer on Saturday. Sadly or good depending on how you look at it, she was already adopted. Hopefully by a good family.

Our older girl, also Maggie, passed away a little over 2 years ago. We think it is time to add another pup to the family. We currently have a 6 year old Belgian Shepherd. ( Dakota).

All the best with the newest family member K.S.

Dave

Penny already named him Dobby. Evidently it's a Harry Potter name but I've never seen any of the movies or read any of the books so it means nothing to me.

She had a JRT a few years back, before she and I met, and because of work schedule and the overall disarray of that previous life, she gave her away. I know that tore her up and she would mention it often. This little guy was owned by a breeder. Apparently there's a skin condition that he carries the gene for, so they opted to not breed him. They had him neutered and we basically bought him on pet value alone.

a LONGHAIR JRT !!.......how long before he figures out how to manipulate everyone in the house?

they're frighteningly smart....

skin condition? even genetic s/c's can often be improved with change of feedstock.....is he/has he been on a soy free diet?

No idea what his diet has been. He doesn't eat enough to keep a bird alive. I figure that's just him acclimating. He started off being a little pushy around Maggie. Penny said he had "Little Man Syndrome". It's only been a couple days and the change is incredible. He and Maggie are inseparable and play constantly. They run, chase, nap, all that.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=788438924530319&set=vb.100000926557062&type=3

Archived