Gibson Brands Forums

Do you guys think Gibson would buy this photo?

meanstreak

Great photo. Nice backlighting and the B&W sets a great mood. Only one way to find out.... go for it. Contact Gibson and find out who you need to speak with. Nice that it's protected with your name.

DC

Not sure why they would buy it now...you already gave them the right to use it in their marketing material...from the website's terms of use...

"Any information or material you transmit to or through our website, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or any other communications is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, unless it contains personally identifiable information covered by our Privacy Policy. Please do not send us any confidential or proprietary information through or to our website, as we reserve the right to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques or other information, other than personally identifiable data, contained in any communication you send to us via our website for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products based on such information.

That really is a great photo and that one guy does have a good guitar face thing going on.

I do know a guy who gave Gibson a photo they apparently wanted. He was in it with his '61 Les Paul Custom but that is not what Gibson was after. The guy standing next to him playing the late 1950s burst Lester was Mike Bloomfield.

As a professional photographer, I have to tell you that Dotneck is correct. However, if they wanted to use it they would want a high resolution image from you, not the one on this site.

You can always approach Gibson directly but I do have to tell you it'll be a long shot. If I were you, I would offer it to them for nothing and just ask for a byline.

Good luck either way.

Who knows - it's a splendid shot and the two quite significant guys in the front really seem to merge with those Pauls, all four of them up in one.

The third wheel behind is backing on several levels - let him stay in the frame no matter what.

Good luck

Archived