Gibson Brands Forums

Peavey Xport USB Guitar Interface

Kyler Patrick

So, this past week, I bought a Peavey Xport USB Guitar Interface and I have had nothing, but problems. First, the amp collection application that it comes with keeps crashing. I don't know what to do about that. Secondly, I can't get any sound from my guitar. I'm almost certain I installed everything correctly, but I feel like I'm forgetting something. I'm trying to run it through GarageBand now. So is there anyone who could give me a step-by-step guide on how to get this working? If I can't get it going in the next week, I may just return it, but I really want to start recording soon. Thanks! [thumbup]

Secondly, I can't get any sound from my guitar.

I know manly men don't need to do this, but did you look at the manual? Did you install the drivers? Did you then go into your system preferences --> sound, and select the Xport for input and output?

I know manly men don't need to do this, but did you look at the manual? Did you install the drivers? Did you then go into your system preferences --> sound, and select the Xport for input and output?

Yeah, I'm not one of those "manly men." I set up everything like how it said to set up. But I didn't try the system preferences. I must have missed it. I'll give that a shot.

I use a m-audio interface and a peavey revalver for amp simulation. When I first hooked everything up I had a similar situation. Ended up being the ASIO driver that I was missing. Had to find it online somewhere and install it. Worked like a champ. Get online with peavey's tech help. They will walk you through it.

Archived