Gibson Brands Forums

Mental hygienical thread

btoth76

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working for a living hurts me. I've been working over 42 years and am sick of it.

I want to sleep later than 4:30 am and play guitar all day.

I don't know where the money will come from but it obviously has to come in from somewhere.

Working for a living hurts me. I've been working over 42 years and am sick of it.

I want to sleep later than 4:30 am and play guitar all day.

I don't know where the money will come from but it obviously has to come in from somewhere.

Working for living hurts, when You do a job that`s not for You, or it is too monotonous. On the other hand, we got to have daily routines: I`ve seen people pass away, right after they went on pension.

I am suffering from Labrythitis, going on one month, it sucks but apparently it can get a lot worse.

Get well, Riffster. I have a balance disorder since my childhood, from a sport accident. I can`t walk in a straight line. I got to live with it, that`s it, unfortunately. :mellow:

Cheers... Bence

Physically - getting out of bed, and any other movement... yrs of physical work, and a bad motorcycle accident 20+ yrs ago.

Mentally - beating myself up over "coulda, shoulda, woulda's"

Musically - drunken drummers.

Bence...

Your comment about "pensioners" - a term not used much in U.S. English but is generally understood - is right on. Most people in my line of work, and in my brother's law enforcement line, tend to drop dead six to 18 months after they "retire." I prefer to keep working pretty much until I have no option but not to.

But what bugs me?

First, it's that government today at all levels (this ain't partisan political, folks) has learned again to do its deliberations and decisionmaking behind closed doors thanks to our new wave of technology and social/cultural trends worldwide.

Second, it's that the majority of the sheep - oops, people - don't seem to care because they're too busy with their own little world whether literal or figurative with "facebook" or equivalents.

The reason I say this isn't "political" because believe me, it's at the local level in your town too, no matter where in the "industrialized world" you might reside. Unless somebody's daily routine is very personally interrupted abruptly, such as tearing up the street in front of their home, stuff is almost universally ignored. They don't know, don't care, don't want to be bothered with "stuff" like fixing streets on "up" in regional or national issues in the government chain.

Think of this as musicians: How many venues available in the 1950s are still available, and how many are available today as a percentage of the population? It should be roughly double. I don't think it's equal. Why? Look at what local, state/provincial and national governments have done that haven't raised much more than a peep.

m

Smart phones. Women on them during the morning commute. It's 06:20hrs, who the F are you talking to? By your tone I know it is a personal call. Do you need to have that conversation on the train or walking to the office? And that malaka that almost ran me over? One hand on the wheel and the other holding a phone to his ear.

Guest Farnsbarns

People whining about smart phones. :D

Getting up with an alarm.

Employees who take the piss.

The fact that I am responsible for other people i actually really like and having to get shitty when they take the piss.

Wasps.

Anything that might be a wasp.

Being addicted to tobacco.

The state of the NHS.

The welfare state.

Good bye threads.

I can go on and on. I'll stop there....

Archived