Gibson Brands Forums

Wall Hanger Problems?

mooserman40

Soo recently I have been playing my gibson acoustic and I have been noticing a fret buzz. I also recently purchased a little martin and the pamplet that came with it said not to hang it for too long because it could cause damage. I have never heard of wall hangers damagin a guitar? But anyway I decided to keep my gibson on a normal floor stand for a few hours and it already seems to have helped the buzz. Could I be imagining this? Or does having keeping the guitar on the hanger possibly cause the neck to temporarilly straigten and and cause the buzz? Could maybe being off the the wall bring the neck back to its original position?

a bad hanger may damage the finish, or being exposed instead of in a case may change things, but the weight of the guitar won't. a guitar has around 200 lbs of sting tension. if you hang it by the neck, the weight of the body makes about as much difference as the guitar being slightly out of tune.

a bad hanger may damage the finish, or being exposed instead of in a case may change things, but the weight of the guitar won't. a guitar has around 200 lbs of sting tension. if you hang it by the neck, the weight of the body makes about as much difference as the guitar being slightly out of tune.

You must be slapping resonator strings on your guitars.

Archived