Gibson Brands Forums

Upgrade wiring on a LP Slash Plustop

xvis

Hi! This is my first post here!

I have the Slash Les Paul Standard Plus Top (tobacco burst finish) guitar from 2008. Recently it has started to generate a lot of noise. I have found that 'grounding' it with my hand on the strings is the most effective way to dampen this noise.

I have come to the conclusion that I will try to change part of or all the wiring on the guitar. My question is what wiring do you recommend. I have checked a little on ebay, and there seems to be some products from a company called CTS that looks promising. When selecting these products, there is a question of long shaft vs short shaft, which I dont know what I should choose for my guitar. Any help or suggestions are welcome!

Hi! This is my first post here!

I have the Slash Les Paul Standard Plus Top (tobacco burst finish) guitar from 2008. Recently it has started to generate a lot of noise. I have found that 'grounding' it with my hand on the strings is the most effective way to dampen this noise.

I have come to the conclusion that I will try to change part of or all the wiring on the guitar. My question is what wiring do you recommend. I have checked a little on ebay, and there seems to be some products from a company called CTS that looks promising. When selecting these products, there is a question of long shaft vs short shaft, which I dont know what I should choose for my guitar. Any help or suggestions are welcome!

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/epiphone-les-pauls/79598-short-long-shaft-pots.html

Archived