Gibson Brands Forums

I recieved my Epiphone Masterbilt DR500MNA today

lucille64

First off it instantly reminded me of how much I loved the DR500MNS I had years ago and then some.

This one with the gloss top and headstock and satin finished back and sides is just killer looking. Not overly fancy looking which I have plenty of in other guitars.

This one is immediately one I don't want to put down and can't wait to pick back up again.

The sweet woody tone, warm lows, sweet midrange and smooth soft highs are just perfect to my ear. A wonderful singers accompaniment instrument.

Not to loud, very comfortable to hold and a perfect playing neck.

I want to say right now that this is the best 349.00 dollars I ever spent.

It's going to get a lot of playing time.

A tribute to the excellence of Masterbilt guitars. I would put it up against every one I own with the only exception of my 000-45 Martin and I'm not completely convinced yet it doesn't sound just as good only in a different way.

There you have it...... my initial two cents I need to use a better camera

DSCN3034_zps7418a61f.jpg

8294a400-c942-41d5-916c-a4899a8e7940_zpseb10c9e6.jpg

DSCN3027_zps85f6d6b2.jpg

DSCN3028_zps68c41d6d.jpg

0f44956b-eb2c-4126-be87-84a5e7d3b5b2_zps85704f2d.jpg

Congratulations! It looks like a great guitar in great shape! And at a great price too! I own 3 Masterbilts...so I KNOW it MUST have a great sound! Enjoy it. I would put any one of my three Masterbilts up against any guitar, including Gibson, Martin and Taylor. In fact mine sound better than those big names, and will stand neck to neck in tone and quality.

Congratulations! It looks like a great guitar in great shape! And at a great price too! I own 3 Masterbilts...so I KNOW it MUST have a great sound! Enjoy it. I would put any one of my three Masterbilts up against any guitar, including Gibson, Martin and Taylor. In fact mine sound better than those big names, and will stand neck to neck in tone and quality.

thanks Guitarlight... I agree. This is not a case of "new guitar love" either.

After 55 + years of performing I know a great instrument pretty much right away and this one amazingly enough filled that bill instantly.

My "higher end" guitars may get very lonely real soon :)

They are quite simply, amazing guitars. I knew you'd be happy with yours. Put a new set of Elixirs on her and she will come to life.

Thanks Dennis, you are so right.

You know what guys.... I own or owned so many supposed high dollar instruments and somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 + guitars over 60 years of playing the guitar.

It seems almost amazing to me that at the end of the day... my two absolute favorite guitars of all time end up being this Masterbilt DR500MNA and my completely upgraded and customized Epiphone Lucille.

With no reservation I make this statement.

So my stance is if one goes to buy a guitar and focuses on big brand names only... then one has cheated him or her self from the magic of a well built Epiphone.

you know what really impresses me about the DR500MNA ?

the way it's top and back resonates with every note and chord.

With the build quality, finish, neck shape and radius, fret work, appointments and that wonderful woody warm tone that is not subject to extreme overtones or shrill high end notes.

It sings with an almost earthy warmth that compliments one's vocals.

The way it kind of becomes part of you or an extension of you when playing it and the way it sit's in your arms when holding it.

It just feels and sounds... "right" Like putting your arm around your best friend in life :)

Very nice, ya I have a friend who likes the feel, tone and playability of my DR500 but wont admit it. He has a GB7C takamine (22000 bucks) and D18. But he sits right beside me when gang get together or he plays his dobro

I think there are a lot of factors that meet in a given instrument and a given player to make it a "favorite."

And truly, I'm happy for every such combination - and congratulate anyone who has managed to find it.

m

I think there are a lot of factors that meet in a given instrument and a given player to make it a "favorite."

And truly, I'm happy for every such combination - and congratulate anyone who has managed to find it.

m

My friend after 60 + years of playing guitar for a living and now retired I can say that these two acoustic guitars are without a doubt my favorites. I've owned over 80 guitars in my life and I can honestly say these are my absolute favorite acoustic ones.

IMG_1666_zps74450f07.jpg

So thanks... I am truly happy in every respect with these.

Sheesh, you're making me feel like a kid - even though the war was still on when I was born. But I was a late starter with guitar. Only 51 years pickin'.

But seriously, when anyone finds a guitar of any sort that simply "works," it's a magic that cannot IMHO be matched.

m

Sheesh, you're making me feel like a kid - even though the war was still on when I was born. But I was a late starter with guitar. Only 51 years pickin'.

But seriously, when anyone finds a guitar of any sort that simply "works," it's a magic that cannot IMHO be matched.

m

M.... no truer statement has ever been made.

Each and every player will find their own version of what that "musical soul mate" of an instrument will be and only if they get lucky enough to find that special one.

It took me about 65 years to find mine. Shame is... my hands are starting to fail me now, wouldn't you know it :)

m

I was born in 41 and started playing when I was 6....

Started playing in local bands in 54

Born '45. Started playing music in '49, bands in '59, guitar in '63.

Hands still ain't bad regardless of stupid crap I put them and my wrists through up to around age 50. Left index finger still doesn't wanna make a fist 'cuz the main knuckle won't bend enough. I think beating out some 2,000 to 5,000 words a day on the keyboard helps keep 'em supple as nature will allow.

m

Archived