Gibson Brands Forums

air con!

Guest Farnsbarns

You don't want to come here then, Im in central Taxas, right in the middle between Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio. The hot months are coming up, its usually around 101-105 degrees Fahrenheit. By the time Ive been at work for an hour, my clothes are wet with sweat, and I work in a shop out of the sun, but big roll up doors open, HOT, HOT ,HOT. Night time temps only get down to mid 80s, the a/c/ never turns off

No, you're right, I just couldn't live with that - just not used to it.

Hayden...

Well, you didn't do as much work as fast in those days. You took rides if possible and stayed outa the sun. You tried not to do certain tasks if practical and possible.

Where I live the rural folks tended to have what's called a "summer kitchen" that was away from the main residence to keep cooking heat away.

There were more windows designed to open as opposed to simply to provide vision and light.

Fans of various sorts, mechanical and manual, were popular.

Etc.

m

Guest Farnsbarns

If you live around here, watch out for tornadoes that rip off your roof so everybody can see all the stuff you stole.

Twister Exposes Stolen Goods at Thief's Crib

Check out the priceless comments after the article. This is why I need to be heavily medicated just to fit in around here.

Absolutely brilliant! Good post. Most I've laughed in a while.

Archived