Gibson Brands Forums

Is This Any Way to Sell a Vintage Gibson Guitar?

RevDavidLee

I think he could have at least cleaned it up a little.

Maybe its me, but a 1966 Gibson 335 deserves to be treated as what it really is, a vintage Gibson 335. I know a lot of people use them as nothing more than a "tool" to be used as a way to make a living, and thats fine, but if you want top dollar if and when you do sell it,dont expect the guitar to bring top dollar when it is posted for sell when it looks like it was played hard and just tossed in a case.

The crooked G3rd tuner would annoy me a bit, and I would want a covered neck pickup, too.

The lady, however, wouldn't need any cover, and neither make up nor body piercings. I guess everything's fine about her, and all original, too. [rolleyes]

;)

The crooked G3rd tuner would annoy me a bit, and I would want a covered neck pickup, too...

The seller says 'All Original' yet it has 3-in-a-line tuners?

It also looks like it has had a pretty poor headstock repair.

Nope. I wouldn't touch it...

P.

The seller says 'All Original' yet it has 3-in-a-line tuners?

It also looks like it has had a pretty poor headstock repair.

Nope. I wouldn't touch it...

P.

A broken neck would have been much worse for the lady though.

In June and July, 1976, an ambulance man with a corset plastered my broken right ankle several times. When I asked him about the corset, he replied he had broken his neck in a car accident. He survived without paraplegia or other bodily consequences. This happens to about one person per year throughout the world.

...I just contacted him through the bay and I asked him if there were any breaks, repairs or mods of any kind. He got back to me and said - NO...

Well, obviously he's an ebay seller who can be trusted...

[laugh]

OK; leaving aside the fact that 335's (AFAIK) have always had individual tuners (you can see the original Kluson imprint in his snaps) and skimming over the missing neck p'up cover...

Is it just my imagination working overtime (again) or does anyone else think there's something fishy going on here;

335hstock_zps0a39b5c5.jpg

P.

I would never buy it, but I just contacted him through the bay and I asked him if there were any breaks, repairs or mods of any kind. He got back to me and said - NO.

Are you sure his reply was about the guitar? [rolleyes]

Well, obviously he's an ebay seller who can be trusted...

[laugh]

OK; leaving aside the fact that 335's (AFAIK) have always had individual tuners (you can see the original Kluson imprint in his snaps) and skimming over the missing neck p'up cover...

Is it just my imagination working overtime (again) or does anyone else think there's something fishy going on here;

335hstock_zps0a39b5c5.jpg

P.

Perhaps the seller has more detailed knowledge about girls than about guitars. [rolleyes] OK, as far as about Stratrock.com, one will rarely find a repaired Strat neck or bolt-on neck in general, and perhaps can't even guess what a headstock repair could mean.

Probably he's not that deep into guitars at all? [confused]

Are you sure his reply was about the guitar? [rolleyes]

Perhaps the seller has more detailed knowledge about girls than about guitars. [rolleyes] OK, as far as about Stratrock.com, one will rarely find a repaired Strat neck or bolt-on neck in general, and perhaps can't even guess what a headstock repair could mean.

Probably he's not that deep into guitars at all? [confused]

I was trying to decide if he was selling the girls or the guitars (or both?)

Well one thing is for sure - adding some scantily dressed babes to your listings can't hurt traffic but not sure if it actually equates to sales as some of you have pointed out the discrepancies in some of the guitars & possible modifications and/or repairs. He may be trying to distract buyers from certain details about those guitars by posting the naughty girls along with them. Fun to look at for sure but I wouldn't buy from this guy. Can you get STD's from a guitar? [scared] Lol

Guest Farnsbarns

Well one thing is for sure - adding some scantily dressed babes to your listings can't hurt traffic but not sure if it actually equates to sales as some of you have pointed out the discrepancies in some of the guitars & possible modifications and/or repairs. He may be trying to distract buyers from certain details about those guitars by posting the naughty girls along with them. Fun to look at for sure but I wouldn't buy from this guy. Can you get STD's from a guitar? [scared] Lol

Only if you REALLY like it.

Archived