Gibson Brands Forums

My Epi SG, Before + After

nato101010

It's really a hot-rod now! One of a kind. I don't think I ever saw something like that yet. You nailed with the bigsby! Though it could be closer to the TOM bridge so you could handle with more ease - my opinion.

I just think that the refinish wasn't that great at all. Looks kinda glossy, kinda matte and restraining (tone-wise) I think your guitar could breath better before. And I don't like that specific color. I know the previous finish could not match the spirit of the whole hot-rodded thing, but...

Well. That looks quite unique =)

Congratuations, enjoy!

I think it's a cool mod-rod! Sorta' what I'd hoped the SG "GT" would've been like to begin with. I think you should, however, add some chrome knobs, chrome-covered pickups and chrome pickup mounting rings, that would complete the look!

H-Bomb

Sounds killer, beats down any Ibanez playing-wise, very comfortable neck, Bigsby stays in tune great, and it looks wicked. I bought it for 125$ originally, and spent about 500$ into it. And thank you very much for fixing the link. A silly newbie like me isn't used to it. Right now, I have it down 1/2 a step for Stevie Ray songs. while my Strat is in the shop. Oh yeah, almost forgot, i have a roller bridge on it, which helps the tuning quite a lot.

Sounds killer' date=' beats down any Ibanez playing-wise, very comfortable neck, Bigsby stays in tune great, and it looks wicked. I bought it for 125$ originally, and spent about 500$ into it. And thank you very much for fixing the link. A silly newbie like me isn't used to it. Right now, I have it down 1/2 a step for Stevie Ray songs. while my Strat is in the shop. Oh yeah, almost forgot, i have a roller bridge on it, which helps the tuning quite a lot. [/quote']

Haha a SRV fan huh? You and me are gonna get along great

Nice guitar bro great job on the mods

I really don't think so. I've seen and played TONS of them. This one has different curves, and a different head shape, it seems. It had the most crap pots and toggles and pickups, but it was a set neck. AND mine has dot inlays. Although it might be a older version of the G-400. 2004 maybe? I think i got it 2006, yeah, it was.

Till the mid-90's the G-400 was a dot-neck/long-neck-joint/exposed-pickup guitar. I can't remember the exact year they changed to the smaller neck-joint, covered pickups and trapezoid inlays, but I know I bought one in '96 or '97 and it seems like I had been told back then that it was maybe around '95 when they made the switch. Like with even the current ones, the body contouring varied a lot, from lame to really nice, and you're right, the pots and pickups weren't anything to write home about, but they were still solid guitars after a few little upgrades for sure.

H-Bomb

Archived