Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geoffsct

Broadway Elite or Elitist (what would be the difference?)

I just pulled the trigger on a "Broadway Elite". It's a sweet lookin sunburst (in the pics) but I don't have it in hand yet. Maybe payed a little too much but but I've been looking for a sunburst & didn't want another to slip by. I've really had an eyeball out for an "Elitist" but thought I had read somewhere that they (Elite & Elitist) are the same. Anyone know?

They were called Elite first, then Elitist. So your Elite was made prior to the name change. No difference in quality. Both are fabulous.

+1. They were called the "Elite" series for the first 1-2 years.

The way I understand it, Ovation had the rights to that title so Epi had to change it to something else. [flapper]

The way I understand it, Ovation had the rights to that title so Epi had to change it to something else. [flapper]

I have an Ovation Elite guitar and that's the story I heard as well. O told Epi to change it, hence Elite became Elitist. Either way, they're awesome guitars!

You're gonna like that guitar. My Elitist Broadway (the one in my avatar) is simply the best electric guitar I've ever played --- including some vintage Gibsons, D'Angelicos, and Heritages.

You're gonna like that guitar. My Elitist Broadway (the one in my avatar) is simply the best electric guitar I've ever played --- including some vintage Gibsons, D'Angelicos, and Heritages.

+1

My Elite Byrdland is by far my finest guitar to date.