Gibson Brands Forums

I would have to stick with Stevie..Not an avid fan but love her style and music, we share the same birthday

Never been a Stevie Nicks fan. I find her voice raspy and grating. Some great songs in that era of Mac though.

Interesting about the birthday thing. I looked mine up and Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks shares my birthday and she certainly has a decent voice.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been a Stevie Nicks fan. I find her voice raspy and grating. Some great songs in that era of Mac though.

Interesting about the birthday thing. I looked mine up and Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks shares my birthday and she certainly has a decent voice.

I also share the same birthdate with John Wayne, brent Musberg and Miles Davis I wish I also shared their music abilities...

I think that vocalists have in common with instrumentalists. With age they/we gain at least a minimum of better phrasing...

This was #1 in 1939, btw.

And I still like the old stuff with the understated sexiness of someone like Bea Wain. And she was born the same year as my Mom. At one point I'd found a more recent color videotape of her on one of the PBS type "retro concerts" with no-longer-kid singers.

Whatever...

m

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting how women in music are typecast as fit to serve primarily as singers.

I'd say Nancy Wilson, because she plays a mean guitar and is cool as all funk. I don't need a lead vocalist, I do fine on my own, thanks. Failing that, maybe Kim Gordon or the Deal sisters.

Ooooh yeah, Nancy Wilson too. I'll have both sisters up front any day.