Gibson Brands Forums

George Harrison Model Les Paul

ufboy73

I understand that there was a somewhat limited run of "Lucy" done in 2007(?) and i was tryin gto get some additional info on it.

Does anyone have any idea on:

- how many were produced

- whether the neck profile and pickups are the same as the '57 reissue

- Most importantly, whether the VOS treatment was used. The only examples i have seen of this guitar have somewhat 'aged' hardware and what appears to be aged finish and I wanted to know if they were produced that way out of the factory or if this is the product of the only examples now are getting older and are showing signs of use.

thanks a lot guys!!

I understand that there was a somewhat limited run of "Lucy" done in 2007(?) and i was tryin gto get some additional info on it.

Does anyone have any idea on:

- how many were produced

- whether the neck profile and pickups are the same as the '57 reissue

- Most importantly' date=' whether the VOS treatment was used. The only examples i have seen of this guitar have somewhat 'aged' hardware and what appears to be aged finish and I wanted to know if they were produced that way out of the factory or if this is the product of the only examples now are getting older and are showing signs of use.

thanks a lot guys!![/quote']

Like this one? http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/misc/77517/77517.php

If you want info on it call the guys at Wildwood. I've bought 6 guitars from them...they are great to work with and won't BS you. They ship all over the world even though it's a small store. I know Steve the owner personally.

yes, like that one. I am not interested in the Wildwood one, however, and would feel like it is somewhat inappropriate taking up their time when I intend on purchasing it from someone else...so if anyone on here has any information on them I would greatly appreciate it!

thanks!

actually do you guys think that wildwood one in the link above looks a little 'orangey'? pics of lucy certainly look more red than that. we are all the limited run the same shade of red as wildwood or perhaps that has faded some???

I wanted a 'lucy' for the longest time but every time I ran into one the price seemed sky high.

There are some really nice refinishes on the Net.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/historics-reissues/7530-sweet-cherry-refin-rs-guitarworks.html

This LP wasn't intended to be a Lucy copy but an aged red refinish and pickup altered R6 - but is close enough.

2.jpg?t=1232407940

1-1.jpg?t=1232407890

Archived