Gibson Brands Forums

Help with dating a eb0 Bass

I recently got this bass and was having a hard time getting a date. The story I have puts the guitar being played in the 60's. It has a silk screened serial number. #155652. From the pics I've seen on the web, this ones missing the hand rest (steel cover over strings). I believe it to be a eb 0 but I've been wrong before. Great shape. I did see pic of guitars with a dampener by the bridge this one appears to never of had one. 1 pick up with a volume and tone knob. The lower finger rest is there. Theres nothing on the truss cover. I hope the pics can do most of the talking. Any info or date would be great. Thank You. I only attached 2 pics. It took me an hour to figure out how to resize, lol. I'm sure it's a mess. I can add more.

post-66741-034803000 1407037230_thumb.jpg

post-66741-075756500 1407037367_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got 1964 Kalamazoo from the dater. Sound good?

Yep, sounds good. I agree with everything you've listed, EB-0 model, pots date to '63, serial number comes up '64. Model availability and features also fit those years.

A 1964 EB-0 it is!

• 5 years later...