Gibson Brands Forums

More unfortunate news about Malcolm...

Ryan H

http://loudwire.com/acdc-biographer-does-not-expect-malcolm-young-return/

Looks like Malcolm might be forced to hang up his hat...

The author of the next AC/DC biography has commented that it's unlikely Malcolm will return to the band, and that his nephew will take his place permanently.

In good news...supposedly their new album is Better than the last one, despite the absence of Malcolm.

-Ryan

Sad to read that but not completely unexpected. Quite frankly the schedule these guys have kept for that long (and others like them) at some point must take a toll. Very few get to rock millions of people worldwide for that long. Take care of yourself Malcom - you've earned it. [sad]

my favourite guitarist when I was a kid and teenager and the man most responsible for electric guitar being my favourite instrument and rock being my favourite style. The epitome of ROCK menace. Take good care of yourself champion.

PS - he's only 61 gentlemen.

I don't know the credibility of this story as it may or may not be the case but I find it offensive that a "Biographer " would print info such as this. If this is true and is the case it is info that should come from the band,not some guy titled a biographer.

If this guy really wants Malcolm to be left alone and treated with respect he wouldn't be printing info that should be coming from the band themselves. I will wait to hear an official word from the band as far as this goes. No offense to original poster. I very much am interested in knowing what is going on and wish the best for Malcolm and the rest of the band but a biographer not expecting Malcolm to return is nothing more than hearsay as far as I am concerned.

In good news...supposedly their new album is Better than the last one, despite the absence of Malcolm.

-Ryan

My question is whether Malcolm wrote for the new album or did the stroke happen before that. He's a riff machine so I could not imagine an AC/DC album without him. Don't have a problem with a fill in for the tours.

My question is whether Malcolm wrote for the new album or did the stroke happen before that. He's a riff machine so I could not imagine an AC/DC album without him. Don't have a problem with a fill in for the tours.

No confirmation on whether it was a stroke or not. And no confirmation on whether he wrote or not; we just know his nephew Stevie Young played his parts on the album, and will be replacing him on tour.

-Ryan

Archived