Gibson Brands Forums

There's No Decent Amp Photos on This Forum

badbluesplayer

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooooo - that looks sweet and I bet it sounds as sweet as it looks [thumbup]

Hey BadBlues doesn't the wife ever let you in the house? All your photos always look like they are in the garage/shop [tongue]

No guitar playing allowed in the house. That's the secret to thirty years of marriage.

Deluxe clone -

DSC_0005_zpsd06d1019.jpg

'64 Super snuck into the office-

5CA1A806-45BF-4EA4-934A-985389B03528_zpssr3nnezn.jpg

Blues Deluxe Reissue -

DSC_0004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1971 Univox U1010 System. It has the U1011 lead head (105w)and the U2080 cabinet (8x10). I have 2 cabinets.

It is super clean and super loud!

image_zpsb9d08b4a.jpg

ohhh the memories that brought.

I pooped a little.

rct

I take it you used to own one?

No, but I stood next to one for quite a few nights. About a year of gigging actually, which was three weekends a month most months. Other Guitar Player had one of those with that offset 10s cabinet, but I remember it being an almost sparkly black, like the Kustoms were but not padded, but I also might mis-remember the color. Loud and Clean, that I remember right! I was using a Sound City stack at the time. Good lord we should probably have been illegal.

It was good to see yours, I haven't thought about that amp or him in a long time.

rct

My wee 15w (they exaggerate!) practice amp lying her heart out with a Fake-Fender plaque. As you can probably tell it's actually just gold ink on card.........

Believe it or not it sounds good enough that, having heard it on a demo, several folks on another forum thought it was a genuine vintage Fender...

Lo-resamp3-quarter.jpg

Since 1980 my only 'real' amp. 1977 Music Man 2x12 'Sixty Five' in current fairly shabby state.

Marmalade.jpg

Just for fun; same amp shot in around '82 with my then-current gigging guits - Music Man Sabre II and '64 Start - flanked by my duetting buddy's Yamaha pairing of a Yamaha SG and acoustic.

381a3a4a-61ee-4884-8308-920670d3f923_zps0046b21d.jpg

P.

Archived