Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
badbluesplayer

There's No Decent Amp Photos on This Forum

From the Bass side of the street. My Fender Super Bassman 300 head / Ampeg Heritage SVT-410HLF cab.

DwDGCkK.jpg

Update:

DSC_91142_zpsd8738a73.jpg

I've had the 1960A 4X12 cabinet (bought "used"...but in like new condition), for about 4 years.

This past December (2014), I found a "used" TSL 100 Head, in "like new" condition, as well.

So, I just couldn't resist! Spent less, for this Marshall 1/2 Stack, than a new Fender Deluxe

Reverb would have cost me. However, I hope to (someday) get one of those, as well! [biggrin]

It just never ends!! [tongue][biggrin]

Cheers,

CB

Yes yes congratulations every body, you all have nice amps.

I Love Amp Cat.

rct

So many cool amps in this thread. If I could pick one to plug into, it would probably be that Hiwatt under your cat

Have not updated from my original post...............

Added another Marshall Lead 12 to the collection......this time a Silver half stack.

101_0507_zpsaece8253.jpg

These are almost as addicting to me as LP Specials.....lol.

Also added a Mesa Boogie Mini Rec and a Carvin 2x12 cab that I changed to vertical and re-wired so it can be used in a variety of configurations......

mesaministack_zpsd25894f8.jpg

with its wiring change

cabinetmod1_zps581c23d4.jpg

I posted my Mesa Mark Five 25 back in post 122, but added a Fryette Power Station to it.

Now I can crank up the gain and master volume on the Boogie and not blow my neighbors away by attenuating it with the Fryette.

Also changed out the white pickup rings on the 408 to their black ones, looks a heck of a lot better I think.

26.jpg

Is it tube, SS, or hybrid?

Wow. I don't even remember posting the THR10 in this thread. It's a little SS amp that gets some great tones for practice and jamming by yourself.

IMG_0727_zpsoxdhjthp.jpg

I live close to surf so Surf Green!

Clean with tremolo, then over driven pure P-90s. No pedals. Whoever said P-90's has a more harmonically rich tone (maybe Notes Norton?) than humbuckers was right. You can hear the 60 cycle hum until I move my fat arse away from the amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFGNm8qY4XA

Cool! Still has the "Death Cap"?

No!! I opened it up and noticed it was rewired in '02. New Sprague Atom caps, 3 prong plug, rewired fuse holder, standby switch. So I lied when I said it was all original. It has the original speaker though. [biggrin]