Gibson Brands Forums

There's No Decent Amp Photos on This Forum

badbluesplayer

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Bass side of the street. My Fender Super Bassman 300 head / Bassman 410 Neo cab.

AXFR3Et.jpg

Nice! I was donking around with one of them in GC not long ago. Thunder! Well, as much as Skin Tight can be thunderous.

The bound and blocked jazz is Sex Ay.

rct

Here's an old Bell & Howell projector amp chassis that my partner gutted and built into a hopped up Tweed deluxe type amp. I'm supposed to make a cabinet for it that looks kind of like a projector, with a fake lens off to one side.

20160224_094306_zpsd1suqplo.jpg

Is your partners name Mike? I recently bought a bunch of transistors from a guy that built a really sweet Tweed Champ in a gutted Bell & Howell cab

Since this is a Gibson Forum - I'll post my babies first [thumbup]

Gibson30RV_zps35c6b804.jpg

GibsonAmps_zpsbd8bd810.jpg

Awesome collection [thumbup]

Does anybody know where can you find Gibson amps in the UK? I have never even seen one in a store (even when they were still making 'em!) and don't think I've seen many listed on ebay either over here. Would love to try one.

Does anybody know where can you find Gibson amps in the UK? I have never even seen one in a store (even when they were still making 'em!) and don't think I've seen many listed on ebay either over here. Would love to try one.

I may mis-remember, but I believe Trace Elliott was making the Gibson amps. That might have something to do with them not being over there. Maybe. Not sure.

rct

I may mis-remember, but I believe Trace Elliott was making the Gibson amps. That might have something to do with them not being over there. Maybe. Not sure.

rct

Thanks rct. I think I heard something about Trace making them too, which I never knew. It's odd, because back in the 90's when I was a young teenager I picked up a brochure for the GoldTone amps here in England, even had it on my bedroom wall for a few years because I thought they looked really great, but never saw one. Back then I didn't even enquire as I knew I couldn't afford one being a kid and all, but seems odd they advertised them here yet never stocked them to my knowledge.

Nice! I was donking around with one of them in GC not long ago. Thunder! Well, as much as Skin Tight can be thunderous.

The bound and blocked jazz is Sex Ay.

rct

Thanks, if you like Smoke, and Lightning, it's Heavy Metal Thunder, that's for sure. I'm adding a Hofner Ignition BBHI to the mix. I've used several amps over the years, but this set for me, is Right On!

they're not all that commonly found it seems. the only made them for a few years, when gibby bought out Trace Elliot, this was the next gen of the Vellocette (sp?) series

I have the big brother to one of Rev's small one speaker combo, mine is a 2x12 30watter, which you don't want to have to move!! (it's 90+ lbs)

Really simplistic, Volume (Pull Gain) tone, and reverb.. sounds great though.

they're not all that commonly found it seems. the only made them for a few years, when gibby bought out Trace Elliot, this was the next gen of the Vellocette (sp?) series

I have the big brother to one of Rev's small one speaker combo, mine is a 2x12 30watter, which you don't want to have to move!! (it's 90+ lbs)

Really simplistic, Volume (Pull Gain) tone, and reverb.. sounds great though.

Thanks for the info kidblast...and wow, that's pretty heavy!

Archived