Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup switch

Jammin'

Hi! I'm in the market for a new guitar, and I've narrowed it down to the les paul melody maker and the les paul studio. Would it be best to get the studio and put a p94 in one of the positions, or get a melody maker, a hard case, and put in a mini humbucker? Also, which pickup should be a humbucker, and which a p90? I play mostly grunge, alternative (red hot chili peppers sort of stuff), funk, and reggae. Thanks for your help!

The answer to your question is subjective and can only be answered you and what your preference is. Try out some studios and some melody makers. Try out some guitars with p90's, p94's, mini humbuckers, and humbuckers and see which ones sound the best!

Hi! I'm in the market for a new guitar, and I've narrowed it down to the les paul melody maker and the les paul studio. Would it be best to get the studio and put a p94 in one of the positions, or get a melody maker, a hard case, and put in a mini humbucker? Also, which pickup should be a humbucker, and which a p90? I play mostly grunge, alternative (red hot chili peppers sort of stuff), funk, and reggae. Thanks for your help!

Kinda sounds like you want one of these.. A LP Futura

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2014/Les-Paul-Futura.aspx

LPFAFB5RC1-Finish-Shot_zps348b9c8a.jpg

Archived