Gibson Brands Forums

Need Some Help AND It'll Be Fun!!

Kyler Patrick

Before I begin, I do apologize if the subject of religion or Jesus Christ offends anyone. With that said, I need some help with this song! I need to learn the electric intro before Sunday morning and I CANT get it. It sounds easy, but for some reason, I can't play it! Take a quick listen to the beginning of the song and if you have some idea on what to do, please share. [thumbup]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES70naqpE-A

It's a little late at night for me right now, but first thing in the morning I'll post up a lesson video on the main guitar part for you. It's not that difficult. I picked it up in about 10 minutes. You should be fine.

-Ryan

You are awesome, Ryan!! Looking forward to checking out the video.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ryan!

My sentiment also.

That was going well beyond the call of duty for a fellow forumite but very well done indeed.

[thumbup] [thumbup]

Great job Ryan!

I had such a difficult time getting the context of the song musically watching Ryan's lesson. The timing didn't make sense to me...

When I eventually went back and watched the viddie, I saw the Banjo, and it immediately all made sense. It has a country melody/rhythm to it...

I'm a Blues-Hound... Without the context it simply escaped me...

We do a mean version of Fulsom Prison Blues so I get the country thing, but it's funny how one's mind has to get around it first to be able to hear it in your head to feel it to play it...

It's a piquant song for sure!

And never, I mean NEVER apologize for Christianity. It is a political assault by the left in a twisted perversion of religious "freedom" which has led to such a portrayal of Christianity as a sinful pariah, and it is terrible and simply wrong!

Be proud and celebrate, and never apologize!!!

If one is offended, one can simply opt-out! That is the freedom...

Archived