Gibson Brands Forums

The Epiphone LP that may as well be a Gibson

Rabs

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE that mahogany top - I wish more Les Pauls would go that route. The grain is just so much more beautiful to me than any flame maple veneer. [biggrin]

The web site says it's a maple top with walnut finish (stain presumably). But I agree it looks amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

The neck pickup features a Gibson USA P-94™ single coil pickup (also a favorite of Mr. Les Paul himself). The bridge pickup features a hot-wound Gibson USA 84T-LM™ humbucker, which breaks up easily with any amp. The humbucker also features coil-tapping, which is activated via the bridge pickup’s push/pull volume control. Both pickups are controlled by a standard 3-way all-metal Epiphone white toggle switch with Black Tophat controls with metal inserts and volume and tone for each pickup.

Thanks for the info. Available in 60 days?? I cannot justify getting one, but I just might. I played my Eppy LP Standard Saturday night and it was like heaven. Do I need another w/ different pups and fancy a** inlays?? Probably.

Well this is an Epi with Gibby pickups...

I think you need it :P

;)

Hi, FYI a seller on Ebay named "acoustat" has 5 Lee Malias for sale right now, the kicker is they are being sold for $749 so that's 50 less than I paid at samash.com.

I have a feeling these will be widely available after Jan 5th or so. The factory in Indonesia that crafts these amazing guitars ships something like 500,000 instruments per year.

Ken

Well guys I just got through playing for 2 hours in a practice session with this guitar and I am so pleased with it beyond expiations. I had hopes that it would be good, and they have proven to come true. What a pleasure to play the thing. It is almost effortlessly.....Tonal quality is super fantastic. I am playing things from the Dobbies to the Ventures. It sounds great with all of it.

Steve

Ken posted:Hi, FYI a seller on Ebay named "acoustat" has 5 Lee Malias for sale right now, the kicker is they are being sold for $749................

I would be very leery about buying a new guitar on EBAY. Used you kind of know from the get go you are taking a chance. If it had any defects what then??? Are they an authorized dealer? I just wonder where they got 5 of them from? To sell at $50 below everyone else makes me wonder.

This is from their ebay account:We are musicians who have access to Many fine lines of guitars.We buy,Sell & trade guitars " We are not a dealer". All of our items are as described..Buy with confidence and save yourself some money!

Steve

Ken posted:Hi, FYI a seller on Ebay named "acoustat" has 5 Lee Malias for sale right now, the kicker is they are being sold for $749................

I would be very leery about buying a new guitar on EBAY. Used you kind of know from the get go you are taking a chance. If it had any defects what then??? Are they an authorized dealer? I just wonder where they got 5 of them from? To sell at $50 below everyone else makes me wonder.

This is from their ebay account:We are musicians who have access to Many fine lines of guitars.We buy,Sell & trade guitars " We are not a dealer". All of our items are as described..Buy with confidence and save yourself some money!

Steve

I agree, but I have purchased a guitar on Ebay from an authorized dealer in the past and it was fine. Caveat emptor, as always. Ken

Archived