Gibson Brands Forums

Played through a Vox AC100CPH last night

EVOL!

Wow. The chiming clean tones out of this amp were nirvana and it took my dirt boxes like a champ. Being 100 watts I had plenty of head room. Too bad these were a poor seller for Vox since they discontinued them. Maybe too many knobs and toggle switches for the clean headroom crowd?

$_57.JPG

Wow. The chiming clean tones out of this amp were nirvana and it took my dirt boxes like a champ. Being 100 watts I had plenty of head room. Too bad these were a poor seller for Vox since they discontinued them. Maybe too many knobs and toggle switches for the clean headroom crowd?

That amp appears to have a normal compliment of knobs and toggles…! [wink]

I've only played through a VOX AC-15 in my day—and I loved that thing! [thumbup]

That amp appears to have a normal compliment of knobs and toggles…! [wink]

All joking aside, while I cannot speak for all clean headroom amp users, I am very knob averse with master volumes being top on the no-no list. My main amps have volume, treble, and bass. Don't see why you would need more than that.

I've only played through a VOX AC-15 in my day—and I loved that thing! [thumbup]

[drool] I love Vox cleans. Never played an AC-30, but I have had the pleasure of playing an AC-15. Talk about falling in love.

Archived