Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thejay

NAD!!

FINALLY got my hands on a Vox AC15 handwired series with a celestion blue! WOW, waited for this one for years, well worth it!!

60d414d3-6d30-439b-acdc-e260dd07e6a5_zps272a96c6.jpg

Those celestion blue speakers are one of my favorites. Congrats on the new amp! Those are great amps [thumbup]

Now get off the forum and go play that thing! :-({|=

That looks like a sweet setup. I played the hardwired ac30 and it was amazing. Being more a fan of lower watt amps I would probably like this one even more

If they're the stock tubes it's a good idea to replace them anyways, the stock ruby's are garbage. I really like the tung sol reissue 12AX7's and the JJ el84's are decent but I want to try something different in the power section of my HWAC30.

Ok tubes changed - JJs and Tung Sols installed AND a video too. Nothing fancy just testing the settings.

Also this amp is freaking loud! I can't imagine how loud the AC30 is

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/UnOh9nes3wQ?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/UnOh9nes3wQ?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Also this amp is freaking loud! I can't imagine how loud the AC30 is

Only a bit louder surprisingly - 3 db or so. [biggrin]

As for the 15 in the demo, I'd likely live between 12:00 and 3:00 on the gain. Those seemed to be the sweetest sounds. For added gain, I'm sure a pedal or two at those settings would sing sweetly! Seems like a great amp for sure. [thumbup]

Btw, that's not a knock on the ac15. It's a great sounding amp, especially the handwired model.

Personally I prefer the ac30 because the 15 can't sound clean at my band's volume level

I haven't been playing in a band for quite awhile and did not need a 30 for home use, went for a 15 for that reason. I do have my concerns for headroom purposes driving the clean in a band situation but suppose I could always try to find a 30, if I needed it! [biggrin]