Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Custom SG Special (w/ P-90's)

twelvenotes

Maybe your best bet would be to try Ebay now.

From what I can gather, the SG Classic's were a G/C, Musician's Friend exclusive for the past few years, and were dropped at the end of 2008 to make way for the new version of the Les Paul Jr.

I lucked into mine by being at the G/C in Nashville, Tn. on Dec 31st, '08 with cash from the sale of a Strat and G/C gift cards I'd received for Christmas. They had one on display, and could find no more anywhere.

Its' the best Christmas present I've ever given myself.

Maybe your best bet would be to try Ebay now.

From what I can gather' date=' the SG Classic's were a G/C, Musician's Friend exclusive for the past few years, and were dropped at the end of 2008 to make way for the new version of the Les Paul Jr.

I lucked into mine by being at the G/C in Nashville, Tn. on Dec 31st, '08 with cash from the sale of a Strat and G/C gift cards I'd received for Christmas. They had one on display, and could find no more anywhere.

Its' the best Christmas present I've ever given myself.[/quote']

I'm not sure if he's talking about the Classic, I think he means the Custom Shop VOS Special with the Dual P-90s.

This, right? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom-SG-Special-VOS-Electric-Guitar-517995-i1149828.gc

Guitar Center still has them in stock in Classic White and TV Yellow, Faded Cherry is on order.

Hellion is right.

It seems as though there may be a name change. On the old website (only days ago) it was refered to as the SG Special in the Custom section. The GC link shows that same guitar, but calls it the SG Special VOS. The only issue is that neither appear on Gibson's new product pages. Additionally, I'm still waiting on an response from Gibson Customer Service.

Thanks

Archived