Gibson Brands Forums

The LPJ Club

CJ Smith

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 2014 Chocolate LPJ

that's a sweet looking chocolate.

might be upgrading my 13 here in the then next few months. thinking of going with faber studs to lock the tailpiece. im tailwraping with 10's now and really like and also probably there bridge as well. im hoping there brass saddles might warm it up a bit. the bridge is a smidge to0 bright even with the pickup height set pretty low. then maybe a .015 and .022 pio.

whats everyone else doing with there lpj's?

• 2 weeks later...

16817031608_5b089dfdd5_z.jpg

Here is mine all strung up. New parts, as I moved away from the black bits, like I stated before. This is how it will remain for a long while, I don't think I'll swap the pup any time soon. I have a few guitars all with different tone, so this fills a need. And looks better, IMO.

• 2 months later...

Very nice

HPIM3353_zps847fb9aa.jpg

I'm liking those all wood stands..

The custom & recording & the 50s tribute look at home there.. COOL!!

Giving me some ideas there Yes sir!!

I've got a 7 guitar stand a hercules & a half dozen of the normal single stands but always looking..

Need to make a really nice wood wall mounted unit covered with carpet way nicer than GC has..

Thank You Mr Jones! That tree is ten feet from my front door, so I think that I'll use it for more guitar pics. That kind of plain wood guitar just seemed right up against an old Hard Maple.

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone reading this forum at all? I've been playing the heck out of my LPJ! I have my Les Paul Standard Peace, and I play it quite a bit, but I find that I prefer the Satin Finished Maple neck on my LPJ. My Peace has a very good set-up, but my LPJ is just a little higher, and being av long-time acoustic player I prefer that too. I'm just afraid of messing with the bridge on my Peace, so it sits in three case a lot more than the good ol' LPJ. I'll have to take it to my guitar guy and have him straighten out the set up.Do any of You guys adjust the height on Your bridge?

I'm liking those all wood stands..

Hello!

I have found some nice logs on pallets, so I made these stands from them during my boring winter holidays.

I have wet-polished them up with fine papers and that's it. No finish or whatever to harm the nitro finish.

HPIM5508_zpsldwtbrvf.jpg

Added some paddings to contact surfaces made of guitar case lining material.

Another, - a bit more complicated - design, the flower-pot:

HPIM3827_zpsb6e24730.jpg

HPIM3823_zpsbbcf3b12.jpg

All done with simple hand tools, without any specialized equipment.

Cheers... Bence

Those a re REALLY COOL stands! I love making things like that. I've had three back surgeries, and my woodshop in the barn was just cluttered with stuff, as was the rest of my barn. Two weeks ago I had a huge dumpster dropped off, and I hired the neighbor kid to be my arms, legs, and back. Now my shop is empty except for my tools, workbench, and several unfinished projects. It's so nice to walk into my barn and see nothing but 140 year old oak posts and beams, and the beautiful rustic construction. Last night I put together a Schwinn Stingray that I bought at a yard sale 20 years ago, and I installed the parts that I bought ten years ago. Now, in a matter of a few hours it went from a pile of parts to being a functioning one speed Stingray like I rode got ten years as a young boy. I'm just going to hang it up in my shop as decoration until my wife and I have an auction before heading South sometime in the next five or ten years. I think that I'll take Yoyr design and make a guitar stand.With my back, a custom stand will keep me from bendiNg over. Thanks for the cool idea. Your stands are AWESOME!

Hey HEADKNOCKER! You have my Dream Les Paul. I have wanted one of those RECORDING models since I first saw one one the hands of Mr Polsfuss. I would love to have one of those. Is it true that the tones available with that model are ENDLESS? It certainly looks like it. I would rather have a Recording Model than a '59 Reissue. Really a sweet guitar that You have there KNOCKER MAN!

Hey HEADKNOCKER! You have my Dream Les Paul. I have wanted one of those RECORDING models since I first saw one one the hands of Mr Polsfuss. I would love to have one of those. Is it true that the tones available with that model are ENDLESS? It certainly looks like it. I would rather have a Recording Model than a '59 Reissue. Really a sweet guitar that You have there KNOCKER MAN!

Hello Ajay.

I guess, You are talking about my instrument there. If You are interested about it, there is a thread called "Low-Impedance Gibsons" in the Vintage section of the Forums.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I gladly answer Your questions there.

Best wishes... Bence

Archived