Gibson Brands Forums

The LPJ Club

CJ Smith

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Me too. There was a bonus, though. I reduced the black overload with the chrome tuners, then I sold the black tuners on CL (quickly) for $35...

I think a lot of people like/want the black plastic keystones, but they are extremely difficult to find, based solely on my own extensive internet searches.

You're welcome, man. Sounds like a win/win situation. What kinda tuners did you decide to go with? I've thought about new tuners for my LPJ.

Sorry, CJ, I nearly missed your inquiry...these are the tuners I bought:

===================> TPKBM-C ----- 1st row, 3rd from left.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, these are (finally) now available =======> TPKMB3-C

...both of these are available in Nickel as well.

I like those tuners. They're basically what came stock on my LPJ. I like the vintage look, but I also like the metal keystone tuners, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey CJ...what's up? Did you do any mods/upgrades to your '14 LPJ lately?

Hey, man. Not much here. No mods as of late. Haven't really had a lot time for that. What about you? I've been thinking of changing the knobs out, but haven't decided on replacements yet. What's up with you?

Ain't that a coincidence!?! I was thinking the same - with the ones like on the '13 50s Tribute, but I decided against that...love those speed knobs!

I did get a Nickel toggle-switch nut that does not have that 'hint-of-yellowish-color' (which was more noticable with the chrome p/u rings).

I like the max grip speed knobs on my LPJ. They make it easier to make adjustments with just a touch of the finger. Apparently people like them pretty well, because they will also be on the 2015 models as well. That sounds like a good idea. I'm sure the nickel toggle washer looks good with the pickup rings on your LPJ.

I just became a proud 2014 LPJ owner on Friday. I have to say I wasn't very fond of the finish when they first came out, but the more I looked at them (and the more the prices dropped!), they started looking better. The pics don't do it justice. In person, this thing looks beautiful and sounds / plays just as good. It arrived flawless with a very good set up and I haven't been able to put it down. For some reason, Amazon of all places was blowing out this particular color last week for $549. Couldn't pass it up!

post-67766-013160400 1412015668_thumb.jpg

I just became a proud 2014 LPJ owner on Friday. I have to say I wasn't very fond of the finish when they first came out, but the more I looked at them (and the more the prices dropped!), they started looking better. The pics don't do it justice. In person, this thing looks beautiful and sounds / plays just as good. It arrived flawless with a very good set up and I haven't been able to put it down. For some reason, Amazon of all places was blowing out this particular color last week for $549. Couldn't pass it up!

Thats a nice one. Yeah enjoy it.

Next year things will change drastically with the new line-up.

No more LPJ's and higher prices, and thats not the worst part. I am happy to be one of the lucky owners of a 13 LPJ.

Very nice grain to, a real beauty.

Cheers.

Nice LPJ, man. I like the vintage sunburst. It's got a nice grain, too. HNGD.

Thats a nice one. Yeah enjoy it.

Next year things will change drastically with the new line-up.

No more LPJ's and higher prices, and thats not the worst part. I am happy to be one of the lucky owners of a 13 LPJ.

Very nice grain to, a real beauty.

Cheers.

If you wanted to be technical, the LPM is the LPJ, with the new GForce robot tuner. It just has a couple of different finishes. LPJ just has a new look for 2015.

howdy all. happy to say I am now a Gibson owner. I was waiting to save up for a new 14 model but my father found this new for a heck of a deal and I couldn't be happier. seems like it was fate, by the time it would have taken me to save for a new 14 they probably would have been hard to find or all gone. so with a little help I got this one. the frets are flawless and the back is a nice 2 piece. couldn't be happier

tried uploading a pic but it says I have only 12k left and didn't upload anything

That's why I'm kinda unsure about polishing my LPJ. I don't wanna do that and then not like it. Maybe I can see about looking for some pictures on the net to give me an idea of what it'll look like.

Hello!

A Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute before...

LPST50WGCH8.jpg

...and after some Virtuoso threatment:

HPIM3353_zps847fb9aa.jpg

Cheers... Bence

ok heres the pic. it didn't want me to post it earlier. so far im really loving this lpj.

Hey, man. Welcome to the club. It doesn't look like your picture is showing up. LPJs are awesome axes. I really like mine since I've got just the way I want it.

here we go, woohoo it worked.

Hey, man. Welcome to the club. It doesn't look like your picture is showing up. LPJs are awesome axes. I really like mine since I've got just the way I want it.

thanks cj and southernboogie.

the funny things is I originally wanted a 14 chocolate with the zebra's. but I couldn't say no to the price. I think it actually worked better for me with these 490/498. I feel these a more versatile for me and the fit and finish on this one is just about perfect, and the quality of the fretwork is just silly. it a shame Gibson isn't making these anymore.

post-67836-055635900 1412835336_thumb.jpg

here we go, woohoo it worked.

thanks cj and southernboogie.

the funny things is I originally wanted a 14 chocolate with the zebra's. but I couldn't say no to the price. I think it actually worked better for me with these 490/498. I feel these a more versatile for me and the fit and finish on this one is just about perfect, and the quality of the fretwork is just silly. it a shame Gibson isn't making these anymore.

post-67836-055635900 1412835336_thumb.jpg

You're welcome. I second that opinion on the 490r/498t combo. They're powerful and versatile. That's why I put them in my '14 LPJ. The 61 humbuckers were nice, but these are so much better.

Archived