Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wondo

Admin...IS It True? No More Lifton Cases For Reissues?

Thanks for that info Joe. I am going to look further into it as well. There are pluses and minuses with this issue. The Lifton cases are not the best in the world and are certainly not the best protection for your expensive Historic. However, I would agree they are a very nice part of the Historic experience. On the other hand the Custom cases are very nice and well built. I would prefer to still get a Historic in a Historic case and then just go out and buy another case for hauling it around so as to not mess up the guitar and not mess up the Lifton.

admin quit last year so no more since........

Really? I wouldn't blame him after the Lifeson fiasco. I kind of had a feeling he felt bad about that but couldn't do anything about it.

Really? I wouldn't blame him after the Lifeson fiasco. I kind of had a feeling he felt bad about that but couldn't do anything about it.

what happened with Lifeson?

man, everything gets by me and i notice nothing :-(

Hello to all and thank you very much for brining this bit of confusion to the forefront. In brief, the 50th Anniversary Les Paul Reissues will be shipped and snug in the brown Les Paul Reissue Cases. Sorry for any confusion the generic Custom Shop Case description may have created. We will change the description on the site.

Best regards...

Custom Admin