Gibson Brands Forums

Show Us Your J45 Photo

BluesKing777

Thanks Tom!

Love those vintage 45s!

You are not going to believe it, but you are going to need to drag them out again because I was about to say that nobody ever posts the backs of their J45s!

All the Martin people show their D28 backs with the fancy rosewoods, but the Js are a bit plainer, aren't they? Mine is too shiny to photograph well....

Well, we will see soon!

Backs1_zps9cecd049.jpg

Backs2_zpse7fb676d.jpg

BluesKing777.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha Ha! Dan!

On further reflection, I think we better give Tom B the day off! Just taking a few out of their case and setting them up for photos is pretty hard work!

This is what we need!

How's this at a local shop? Revolving guitar photo - may not work on all computers!

http://www.acousticcentre.com.au/collections/used-guitars/products/martin-d-18v-circa-2004-used

BluesKing777.

Ask, and ye shall receive: 1948 J-45, which I've owned since 1966. 1968 top, 1968-'70 board and headstock inlays, 2010 repro of original top burst. And for the record, I've just returned home after four months and 2500 miles on my boat, with limited internet access. Only guitar aboard was my little CA Cargo (carbon fiber), which was perfect for the boat.

But it's good to get back to real guitars. The boat has been put to bed in Maine, a long, long way from our home in Florida.

thewholething.jpg

Beautiful Guitar looks immaculate

Archived