Gibson Brands Forums

Graph tech saddles & nut

the dog

They are ready to drop and go. I have them installed on all but one of my les pauls, and that one is soon to be converted.

What is the radius of the fret board on your Les Paul? I think you would use a FINE pencil line using the radius on the nut to cut the slots and a millimeter measuring device to measure how high up to cut the slots. You'd want to keep the string gauge you prefer in mind.

What is the radius of the fret board on your Les Paul? I think you would use a FINE pencil line using the radius of the fret board on the nut to cut the slots and a milli-meter measuring device to measure how high up to cut the slots. You'd want to keep the string gauge you prefer in mind.

Well according to my tech he said the top of the nuts already has the correct radius cut, and it is really just a matter of fine filing the bottom of the nut, and a touch on the sides, he said he really didn't have to slot the nut much at all. once he sanded the bottom of the nut to get the proper height on it over all it pretty much was just small fine tuning after that. He states this is why he loves the GT nuts, because there is very little work in getting them in and set up properly, because GT does most of the work.

What is the radius of the fret board on your Les Paul? I think you would use a FINE pencil line using the radius on the nut to cut the slots and a millimeter measuring device to measure how high up to cut the slots. You'd want to keep the string gauge you prefer in mind.

The slotted nuts are ready to drop in.You could maybe file the nut slots a little if you want but Graphtech takes care of that for you. Proper radius and depth.

You just take off material from bottom and sides.

I will try and make a short video of my procedure and the tools I used and my technique for nut and then I will post

in this thread.

EDIT

Yeah I'm not gonna have the time for a video...

Archived