Gibson Brands Forums

New Les Paul, amp, and BOSS pedals day! :D

Guitar God

Excellent, nice Paul And gear... Congrats! So how did tris come about?

Thanks! [biggrin] Craigslist, haha. I'm always looking around on Craigslist and eBay a lot. My Dad called the seller last night and we met up with him this morning. Had to drive a couple hours, though, but well worth it. $1,800 for the Les Paul, Blues Junior, and pedals with the hardshell three pedal pedalboard/case. Heck of deal!Plus, I've been wanting a Gibson Les Paul Standard ever since I first started playing guitar at 8 years old back in 2000 and I used to have a Pro Junior, which was my very first tube amp, and I got rid of it a few years ago like an idiot and been missing it like crazy, so this Blues Junior was in the picture, too, and as well as three BOSS pedals, so it worked out great. :)

Thanks! [biggrin] Now, what's the main difference between the DD-3 and DD-7 exactly and what's your honest opinion on both?

DD-7 has stereo capability and longer delay time plus it costs more. I tried both before I bought the DD-3. I really don't have a need for stereo, so I went with the less expensive version. Both are great delay pedals, and I get what I need from the DD-3. Good luck with your new guitar and gear.

I found these descriptions on Guitar Center.com

DD-3

With three delay-time modes, the Boss DD-3 Digital Delay Pedal can handle all your performance needs. Features delay times that range from 12-1/2 to 800ms. Produces endless repeats on demand in Hold mode.

DD-7

The BOSS DD-7 Digital Delay is a guitar effects pedal that takes the best features from its predecessors and expands their creative potential. You get Modulation Delay mode, classic modeled Analog Delay mode, External pedal control options, longer delay time, and more. Even with the best-selling delays in compact-pedal history, BOSS continues to push the envelope and innovate.

Expanded Delay Time

Up to 6.4 seconds of delay time are available with the DD-7, a marked increase from its predecessor. In addition, Hold mode allows up to 40 seconds of input to be recorded for creating "sound on sound" performances.

Delay Modes

The BOSS DD-7 pedal is equipped with two innovative and advanced delay modes. Modulation Delay provides chorus-flavored sounds. Analog Delay offers a modeled simulation of the classic BOSS DM-2, beloved for its characteristic warmth.

External Control

For handsfree control of the DD-7 pedal, an external footswitch and Expression pedal (sold separately) can be used. Tap tempo can be controlled from an external footswitch, while delay time, feedback, and effect level can be changed on the fly via Expression pedal.

Stereo Output

Create amazing effects with the BOSS DD-7 pedal's stereo output, such as spatial audio sweeps via true stereo panning. You can also use the stereo outputs to create separate dry and wet signal paths -- handy for recording and live-performance control.

DD-7 has stereo capability and longer delay time plus it costs more. I tried both before I bought the DD-3. I really don't have a need for stereo, so I went with the less expensive version. Both are great delay pedals, and I get what I need from the DD-3. Good luck with your new guitar and gear.

I found these descriptions on Guitar Center.com

DD-3

With three delay-time modes, the Boss DD-3 Digital Delay Pedal can handle all your performance needs. Features delay times that range from 12-1/2 to 800ms. Produces endless repeats on demand in Hold mode.

DD-7

The BOSS DD-7 Digital Delay is a guitar effects pedal that takes the best features from its predecessors and expands their creative potential. You get Modulation Delay mode, classic modeled Analog Delay mode, External pedal control options, longer delay time, and more. Even with the best-selling delays in compact-pedal history, BOSS continues to push the envelope and innovate.

Expanded Delay Time

Up to 6.4 seconds of delay time are available with the DD-7, a marked increase from its predecessor. In addition, Hold mode allows up to 40 seconds of input to be recorded for creating "sound on sound" performances.

Delay Modes

The BOSS DD-7 pedal is equipped with two innovative and advanced delay modes. Modulation Delay provides chorus-flavored sounds. Analog Delay offers a modeled simulation of the classic BOSS DM-2, beloved for its characteristic warmth.

External Control

For handsfree control of the DD-7 pedal, an external footswitch and Expression pedal (sold separately) can be used. Tap tempo can be controlled from an external footswitch, while delay time, feedback, and effect level can be changed on the fly via Expression pedal.

Stereo Output

Create amazing effects with the BOSS DD-7 pedal's stereo output, such as spatial audio sweeps via true stereo panning. You can also use the stereo outputs to create separate dry and wet signal paths -- handy for recording and live-performance control.

Cool! Thanks for the info! I've been A/Bing it and the CE-5 Chorus Ensemble with my XR Carbon Copy and MXR Black Label Chorus and I like my MXR's better. Both good pedals, but I like my MXR's better. May do something with the DD-7 and CE-5. Still going to mess with them a bit more, though.

I tried both before I bought the DD-3. I really don't have a need for stereo, so I went with the less expensive version. Both are great delay pedals, and I get what I need from the DD-3.

This is exactly what happened to me when I bought mine.

Cool! Thanks for the info! I've been A/Bing it and the CE-5 Chorus Ensemble with my XR Carbon Copy and MXR Black Label Chorus and I like my MXR's better. Both good pedals, but I like my MXR's better. May do something with the DD-7 and CE-5. Still going to mess with them a bit more, though.

Or, you can build another pedalboard.

BTW, congrats on your new equipment.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone! [biggrin] Now for an update on these pedals. My BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer I'm very happy with. Love it. Been playing with my BOSS DD-7 Digital Delay more and I still like my MXR Carbon Copy better, so I'm going to sell the BOSS DD-7. Now, I've been messing with my BOSS CE-5 Chorus Ensemble and comparing it with my MXR Black Label Chorus. At first I liked my MXR Black Label Chorus better, but the more I messed with my BOSS CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, the more I like it. So, I'm on the fence about getting rid of that one.

Archived