Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Classic Vs 2013 Signature T

alexthegreat404

Hey everyone, sorry for another annoying thread!

I have to send my new Signature T back to get the Min Etune fixed. I love the guitar and its an easy fix, but I just noticed the Classics are on sale for the same price I payed.

The boost looks weird and I don't like the missing tone knob, but the finishes are tempting. Any opinions? Doesn't hurt to do my research!

1409866468[/url]' post='1560607']

I have to send my new Signature T back to get the Min Etune fixed. I love the guitar and its an easy fix, but I just noticed the Classics are on sale for the same price I payed.

The boost looks weird and I don't like the missing tone knob, but the finishes are tempting. Any opinions? Doesn't hurt to do my research!

Well if I got a 2014 classic the first thing I would have done is remove that boost switch and have a tone pot put in!!!! It just doesn't look right...

Well if I got a 2014 classic the first thing I would have done is remove that boost switch and have a tone pot put in!!!! It just doesn't look right...

The Classic is awesome and it seems I can now afford the 2014 Signature, as well. But, damn, I can't part with my Signature T! I'll just send it in for repairs and a set up!

The 'missing tone knob' is easy to remedy if you don't mind rewiring your guitar. Uncle Fred, a fellow forumite, did a complete rewire job on a Classic not all that long ago and posted an extremely comprehensive documentary showing all the steps, to include hardware, pictures, everything involved with his Classic project.

The 'missing tone knob' is easy to remedy if you don't mind rewiring your guitar. Uncle Fred, a fellow forumite, did a complete rewire job on a Classic not all that long ago and posted an extremely comprehensive documentary showing all the steps, to include hardware, pictures, everything involved with his Classic project.

Yeah but at that point I'd be basically paying extra just to have a cherry sunburst Les Paul. I prefer everything else about the Signature T, even the way the finish looks. So I may as well save myself the trouble. I've bonded with mine too I have discovered.

I'll wait until my R9 one day for Cherry Sunburst [rolleyes]

Yeah but at that point I'd be basically paying extra just to have a cherry sunburst Les Paul. I prefer everything else about the Signature T, even the way the finish looks. So I may as well save myself the trouble. I've bonded with mine too I have discovered.

I'll wait until my R9 one day for Cherry Sunburst [rolleyes]

In my opinion, the only odd thing coming stock on the Signature T is the Telekom T on the truss rod cover. [-(

If you prefer everything else about the t then keep it. Looks are second too feel. There both good. I tried them both as well as trad and trad pro ii i decided to throw a bit more for a standard. The t is a great guitar please keep it i think ull regret getting rid of it. I always regret selling my yamaha sg!

If you prefer everything else about the t then keep it. Looks are second too feel. There both good. I tried them both as well as trad and trad pro ii i decided to throw a bit more for a standard. The t is a great guitar please keep it i think ull regret getting rid of it. I always regret selling my yamaha sg!

In my opinion, the only odd thing coming stock on the Signature T is the Telekom T on the truss rod cover. [-(

This can be an advantage, if you get famous. You just need to paint it pink to get a T-Mobile advertising contract ... LOL

Joking aside ... the Signature T is the best Les Paul, which was available last year, especially when considering the price and the quality issues on other models, especially the Standards. In my opinion it was a bad decision to make this a one year model only.

The Classic and the Peace model are too exotic to be a replacement ... most Les Paul fans want a classic design. It would have been a much better idea, if Gibson would have placed it besides the pickup selector switch ... similar to the tone switch on some Gretsch models. That would look better and the switch would be better reachable.

This can be an advantage, if you get famous. You just need to paint it pink to get a T-Mobile advertising contract ... LOL

Joking aside ... the Signature T is the best Les Paul, which was available last year, especially when considering the price and the quality issues on other models, especially the Standards. In my opinion it was a bad decision to make this a one year model only.

The Classic and the Peace model are too exotic to be a replacement ... most Les Paul fans want a classic design. It would have been a much better idea, if Gibson would have placed it besides the pickup selector switch ... similar to the tone switch on some Gretsch models. That would look better and the switch would be better reachable.

It would have been a better idea to just leave the classic as it was, which was a classic! and come out with another model that had it first to see how well it sold, so they could see how people took to the idea, before placing it on an iconic model of Les Paul changing the whole premise of what the model is about... just my .02....

Archived