Gibson Brands Forums

Slash's Compressor settings??

gibsonfreaky

My Friend.. For Slash Tone... First of all:

- Gibson Les Paul Standard at least

- Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro

- Marshall AMP (i dont remeber right now wich model)

And the most important of all things.. The Very same fingers of Slash

Hey Gibsonfreaky...as has been mentioned, I don't think Slash uses any compressor. I can get a close approximation of his tone from "Sweet child o'mine" and "november rain" (my 2 favorite GnR tunes) by cranking up the clean channel on my Marshall JTM and the volume pot on my LP, with a little dirt from my tube screamer. I'll never sound like him though because my fretting, picking and phrasing aren't the same as his. If I turn everything up loud, I don't seem to care though. I always seem to sound like me. I dig some of Slash's stuff, but I'll always be KSG_Standard playing a cover of a Slash/GnR tune. Do you ever listen to Warren Haynes or Dickey Betts or Duane Allman? They've got some seriously sweet tone too.

My .02

Slashstalker' date=' you are NEVER going to sound like Slash, no matter if you ask for the 'secret' here or on MLP!

=P~ [/quote']

Please stop with that slashstalker... slash is one of my idols but not the only one.

and .... no one can sound 100% the same as slash... but evryone can get close=p~

Hey Gibsonfreaky...as has been mentioned' date=' I don't think Slash uses any compressor. I can get a close approximation of his tone from "Sweet child o'mine" and "november rain" (my 2 favorite GnR tunes) by cranking up the clean channel on my Marshall JTM and the volume pot on my LP, with a little dirt from my tube screamer. I'll never sound like him though because my fretting, picking and phrasing aren't the same as his. If I turn everything up loud, I don't seem to care though. I always seem to sound like me. I dig some of Slash's stuff, but I'll always be KSG_Standard playing a cover of a Slash/GnR tune. Do you ever listen to Warren Haynes or Dickey Betts or Duane Allman? They've got some seriously sweet tone too.

My .02[/quote']

i leared the wayof picking, blusy style, fretting , bending, vibrato..... in the style as slash does , i cant sound like him but i can get at 90 % of his sound with my current gear and techniques....

so does anyone knows a setting to get close??

He is currently using a Marshall Vintage Modern 2466..

His Amp settings are...

Marshall 2466 with 425A.

Guitar straight in.

High dynamic range

Mid Boost out

Body = 9 o'clock

Detail = 12:30

Treble = Noon

Middle = 2 o'clock

Bass = 1:30

Presence = Just before Noon

Master Vol = 9 o'clock

Reverb = off.

He uses a few amps including a JCM800.. amongst others

Flight959

Hi all,

Some of you said slash doesen't use a compressor, but on the internet i foud this :

SLASH uses some effects when playing live. On stage he uses a M.X.R.10 Band E.Q for lead boost and feedback enhancement. When you see SLASH using the Wah-Wah pedal, he is using a Dunlop Rackmount Wah Wah system. He also uses a Heil Talkbox, and Boss DD-3 Digital Delay. SLASH also uses the DBX compressor and Yamaha SPX 900 for clean sound processing. He favors the Nady 950-GT Wireless System. All signals go through the Bob Bradshaw Custom Splitter System.

Found at:

http://www.snakepit.org/equip.html

I also found this:

setup2.gif

(download the image and zoom a little to see there is a compressor in his rig)

Found at:

http://www.slashsworld.com/equipment/

Conclusion:

He uses a compressor

Other quesion

Can i get close to slash's delay and reverb with a boss RV-3 pedal??

Thanks,

gibsonfreaky

Hi all' date='

Some of you said slash doesen't use a compressor, but on the internet i foud this :

SLASH uses some effects when playing live. On stage he uses a M.X.R.10 Band E.Q for lead boost and feedback enhancement. When you see SLASH using the Wah-Wah pedal, he is using a Dunlop Rackmount Wah Wah system. He also uses a Heil Talkbox, and Boss DD-3 Digital Delay. SLASH also uses the DBX compressor and Yamaha SPX 900 for clean sound processing. He favors the Nady 950-GT Wireless System. All signals go through the Bob Bradshaw Custom Splitter System.

Found at:

http://www.snakepit.org/equip.html

I also found this:

[img']http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj354/Slashy2009/setup2.gif[/img]

(download the image and zoom a little to see there is a compressor in his rig)

Found at:

http://www.slashsworld.com/equipment/

Conclusion:

He uses a compressor

Other quesion

Can i get close to slash's delay and reverb with a boss RV-3 pedal??

Thanks,

gibsonfreaky

Let me get this right!

Are you ASKING us or TELLING us!!

Make your bloody mind up!

It really grips my sh*t when people ask a question only to do a little basic research and then post the answer!

Flight959

Please stop with that slashstalker... slash is one of my idols but not the only one.

and .... no one can sound 100% the same as slash... but evryone can get close=p~

Look, dude....you got found out over on MLP when you were slashfan1; you are not going to get any farther with these guys, even after you changed from rightlespaul to gibsonfreaky.

We know who you are. You say you have other fans but you constantly rant on and on about Slash You are a Slash-obsessed teenager with nothing better to do but sit in front of the computer all day......

(I actually have better things to do, but just ain't doing them right now!)

Archived