Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 2015 guitars

Rabs

Rabs - you are THE MAN! Thank you for posting these pictures!I have mixed feelings on what I've seen so far - will have to put my hands on some of these to decide whether or not I like the new changes or not. But I am excited to actually see some photos finally. Thank you brother!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rabs - you are THE MAN! Thank you for posting these pictures!I have mixed feelings on what I've seen so far - will have to put my hands on some of these to decide whether or not I like the new changes or not. But I am excited to actually see some photos finally. Thank you brother!

Well, Rev... you can thank amazon.com. In their goal to get a jump on pre-orders, and beat legit musical instrument dealers to the punch, :angry: they went and added them. These 2015 models aren't even on the Gibson "Products" page(!) [-X . Love their "temporarily out of stock" status. It's more like, "Not yet in stock".

Amazon... love 'em, but they annoy me at times.

I'll be getting my LP Special Double-Cut elsewhere, obviously.

Well, Rev... you can thank amazon.com. In their goal to get a jump on pre-orders, and beat legit musical instrument dealers to the punch, :angry: they went and added them. These 2015 models aren't even on the Gibson "Products" page(!) [-X . Love their "temporarily out of stock" status. It's more like, "Not yet in stock".

Amazon... love 'em, but they annoy me at times.

I'll be getting my LP Special Double-Cut elsewhere, obviously.

I hear you man. Not yet in stock and we have no idea when they will be in stock would be more appropriate. Those double cuts are stunning to look at though [smile]

I am also interested in the nut. The change makes sense on paper, but I guess we'll see if it makes sense in practice. I'm always skeptical that "upgrades" are really just cost-cutting measures made to look like great new features. I'm sure the new nut is dirt cheap to extrude, but it all comes down to performance.

Just like it being better without the trademark nibs. Clearly a cost cutting move and they think we believe all the rubbish that they spout.

They live on the name 'Gibson'. the product doesn't do the name justice sometimes.

More Gas..kind of like the deluxe.. [love] ...............have they abandoned the mini-tune system then?

Hello!

DELUXE, finally! I hope it will be available in other finishes too. Tobacco-burst would be nice...

Yes, it is, but with the new rail-type minis...(easy swap, though).

But the min-Etune is there... (removing it is another easy process).

The mini-toggle has to go to. Donny did show us how to do that properly...

Too many minis in that guitar, and all has to be replaced or removed.

Cheers... Bence

G-Force sounds like a re-branding of MinETune, probably because the minetune brand doesn't exactly align itself with the pinnacle of quality. Since many vocal players hate it (or the idea of it).

G-Force is a dumb name, but I suppose it's no dumber than MinETune.

I used to build Pro Gas Harley race motors and I remember a race team called G-Force....G Force to me sounds better as a race team name..

To take it a step further Gibson USA has increased playing comfort by widened the neck and fingerboard by .050 per side. ...

To wrap everything up, each 2015 Gibson USA guitar ships in a Gibson Hard Shell case.

Due to my wide fingers, I always would have loved wider fretboards. They should have done this some years earlier. As for the cases, I think they finally listened to the buyers. Everybody wants to protect one's own precious guitars.

This scares me. The reason I hate Ibanez guitars are those wide flat fretboards. Not all of us were blessed with long Dave Mustaine spider fingers.

I am excited to see this zero fret. I've never owned a guitar with one, but I have played a few old Mosrites that had them. They were a cool idea that did not seem to catch on.

I love Ibanez guitars for their fretboards, but I own just one. [rolleyes]

Zero frets are the way to go in my opinion, too. Won't help my actual guitars though. However, those featuring locking nuts will stay the same anyway. [biggrin]

That's a pretty wide neck. Wider than a Taylor? Yikes, that's too manly for me. I like the regular old 1-11/16" size.

C'mon bro you're from Tennessee - nothing's "too manly" for guys from Tennessee. My grandfather was born in Fall Branch, TN - he was the most manliest guy I ever knew. Man up bra - grab that neck and show it who the boss is! :blink:

Ha ha hahahahaha... sorry - just had my wheaties - got me all riled up.. lol [biggrin]

And yeah I agree with you - there's innovation and then there's WTF are you people doing over there at Gibson. :unsure:

Especially now that he is dead and got no say in it anymore huh?

Sure hope they sell some...

Leo has had no say in what a Tele or strat is for a very long time. A Tele is whatever Fender says it is, whether I agree or not. If I don't agree, I don't buy it.

rct

This scares me. The reason I hate Ibanez guitars are those wide flat fretboards. Not all of us were blessed with long Dave Mustaine spider fingers.

I am excited to see this zero fret. I've never owned a guitar with one, but I have played a few old Mosrites that had them. They were a cool idea that did not seem to catch on.

I had a Fender FMT for about a year that a zero fret. I thought it was a trick setup. The narrow neck at the nut is the reason I don't still have it, not the zero fret.

C'mon bro you're from Tennessee - nothing's "too manly" for guys from Tennessee. My grandfather was born in Fall Branch, TN - he was the most manliest guy I ever knew. Man up bra - grab that neck and show it who the boss is! :blink:

Ha ha hahahahaha... sorry - just had my wheaties - got me all riled up.. lol [biggrin]

And yeah I agree with you - there's innovation and then there's WTF are you people doing over there at Gibson. :unsure:

Oh man, Fall Branch is just over the next holler. My buddy Hoss lived there. He went about 300 and was manly too!

I was reading some of the internets responses to these new models...

Someone on the MLP form posted this

"I emailed Gibson this morning asking about the Amazon post. They have responded:

It appears that Amazon posted this info prematurely as final specs, models, and pricing for the 2015 Gibson lineup have yet to be determined.

Please stayed tuned to www.gibson.com for official new product announcements as they become available. Thank you for the inquiry"

Hmm... So I wonder if some of the specs will change or not... Maybe this is a good opportunity for Gibson to see what people think?

They are bringing back the LP Deluxe [thumbup] I use to have one back in '84. Might pick one of these up, but that boost switch will be gone.

YAY! Had a fancy for a Deluxe I saw on eBay. They've gone and put one of those flippin' toggle switches in place of a tone pot, though; can't say I'm keen on that. I would have been much keener on a 2014 Classic had they not done the same, there. The 2013 LP Trad Pro2 managed a boost with a push/push, and coil splits the same way. I'd much rather have 2 volume and 2 tone, plus a mini-toggle (just me?)

I was reading some of the internets responses to these new models...

Someone on the MLP form posted this

"I emailed Gibson this morning asking about the Amazon post. They have responded:

It appears that Amazon posted this info prematurely as final specs, models, and pricing for the 2015 Gibson lineup have yet to be determined.

Please stayed tuned to www.gibson.com for official new product announcements as they become available. Thank you for the inquiry"

Hmm... So I wonder if some of the specs will change or not... Maybe this is a good opportunity for Gibson to see what people think?

I'm not saying that wasn't their reply, but it sounds fishy to me. How could Amazon release info/pics prematurely for product that they shouldn't have the info for in the first place? Is Gibson in the habit of sending photos and specs to retailers before the specs are finalized?

Fishy I tell ya. I'm betting there won't be any changes from what was found on the Amazon site.

Leo has had no say in what a Tele or strat is for a very long time. A Tele is whatever Fender says it is, whether I agree or not. If I don't agree, I don't buy it.

rct

Yep, and Chet no longer has a say in what a Chet is anymore so his family sold his name back to Gretsch. That's life... Or death.

I'm glad you posted this the thread disappeared for a bit and looks like my post hiccuped. At least I know I won't have to make room in my budget for any of these models.

Lol.. yes when I saw the 2015 Classic, that still has a missing tone pot, the first thing I thought was that Donny aint gonna like that!! [-(

;)

That can be fixed easy but that headstock decal can't.

If I have the money some time in the next year.. I will get that darkburst double cut and aint no headstock logo gonna get in that way of that for me :)

As much as I agree its a bit ugly... Firstly (and probably obviously) that must have been something Les Paul did before he died which means its his own handwriting which I think is pretty cool.. Secondly, I doubt when you are on stage playing anyone else but nerdy guitar people like us will even notice it.. That logo wont stop it being a great guitar.

Thirdly I think a metal (or part metal) adjustable nut sounds like a great idea and im really looking forward to seeing one in real life...

So im kinda excited about them (if indeed I ever make any money again so I can actually buy one :))

Archived