Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 2015 guitars

Rabs

But yeah it's hard to justify it when you have two new ones setting there. I'm 50 now so it's not like I will wear these out even though I still play out.

When I was 40 I kept them in cases so they got a break from the world. By the time I was 50 I kept them in cases so they didn't get dusty and rusty from sitting around in the basement.

rct

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It didn't occur to me that they might be sitting around smoking dope and watching cartoons. Oddly enough, one of the G-Force characters is actually a recycled Speed Racer face.

That could be or it may be a fiendishly clever move to increase Epiphone's market share.

All kidding aside, if I owned Gibson I'd have a big plaque right at eye level in front of me which reads: What Would Ted McCarty Do?

Sure, he had some duds over the years but he also knew what worked and he did it very well.

Here's an interesting interview with Mr. McCarty:

http://www.vintageguitar.com/2826/ted-mccarty/

Rabs - I remember that show now from when I was a kid in the early 80's I think - used to come on before Monkey Magic from memory [laugh] (we only had 2 TV channels back then, let alone internet)

Not sure it helps the e-tuner thing's credibility any mind you...

Rabs - I remember that show now from when I was a kid in the early 80's I think - used to come on before Monkey Magic from memory [laugh] (we only had 2 TV channels back then, let alone internet)

Not sure it helps the e-tuner thing's credibility any mind you...

Lol, yeah I love Monkey Magic and used to love all those cartoons... I seem to remember them being on at bout 4:30ish on BBC1 and then Monkey Magic was on at 6 on BBC 2 while the news was on 1... (BBC 2 had great shows at 6, Star Trek, The Invaders, Quantum Leap all that cool stuff) :)

How bout this one... ;)

lol Rabs, we didn't have that one, but being a virtual British outpost, the after-school TV at the time probably went something like:

Catweasel

Battle of the Planets

Monkey Magic

Doctor Who

The Goodies

Then dinner time and mum and dad ruled the only TV in the house after that. [laugh]

Looking at that line-up, the 'what were they smokin' ?' question seems valid in both the UK and the far east...

Im kinda with rct here and never really understood why anyone would need or want 5 Les Pauls.

I will just be happy to end up with one of each. Im really only a Tele and an SG away from complete.(for me)

And a real Strat is on the gas list.

Im happy with the LP I have. They can put out what they want. Im done.

And don't really care.

Well, I'ma one guitar of the different kinds that matter kinda guy. I'd only get another Les Paul if this one fell down the steps, and since they don't go out anymore that won't be happening I don't think. I'd only add a second Les Paul if it was made for me only, like purple sparkle or something. But that won't be happening, they want sick money for such a thing.

rct

The only reason I want another LP is because of weight. Something nice and light that mostly sounds and feels like my B7 to play every day.

Maybe even a 'J'

Lol.. Sorry Rev....

I would never begrudge anyone for spending their hard earned dough on whatever they please.

I was just talkin bout me.

And there is my justification for buying more! [biggrin] I'll see you in 10 years with 10 more!

Lol.. Sorry Rev....

I would never begrudge anyone for spending their hard earned dough on whatever they please.

I was just talkin bout me.

No apology needed brother. I was just thinking you're on the Gibson forum. I think they send people out to your house when you make statements like that. Just don't want to see anything happen to you. [crying]

LMAO [biggrin]

Archived