Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 2015 guitars

Rabs

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rabs thats so un-Disney of you lol

Lol...

I think at the very least that would have been true when someone told him his name is now on the SG line...

Actually I think that's a pretty rude thing for Gibson to do considering.....

Les Paul took his name off the guitar because he was about to divorce his long time wife. He did not want her to get future money he could possibly make, and he went to great lengths to protect his music, inventions, and royalties, including and especially the guitar with his name on it. That's the reason, that's the only reason, and I will never not repeat the correct history of guitars.

Someday, if yer good kids, I'll tell you the real reason Les and McCarty wanted to make the GoldTop.

rct

Lol...

It reminds me of this

even though really I know it as Battle of the Planets (much better intro) :)

Battle of the Planets [thumbdn] What sanitized tripe. I loved the original Gatchaman when they reissued it on DVD here in the States. Has that classic Japanese nihilism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjuN5Bn-RCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co4_WHDp72Y

Battle of the Planets [thumbdn] What sanitized tripe. I loved the original Gatchaman when they reissued it on DVD here in the States. Has that classic Japanese nihilism.

Lol... man, I watched this stuff when I was about 6 years old. I didn't know what nihilism was... :P

Wait...all guitars will ship with the G-Force tuning system? [crying] This really sucks. I guess its spend extra to buy parts to remove it, buy custom shop, or buy used. [cursing]

Amen. I would understand if they offered this tuning system crap as an option - but trying to force it down everyone's throat is a stupid idea which will translate into hurting sales. Us old school players may be dinosaurs to the younger players coming up but we're dinosaurs with a lot more disposable income. There will always be plenty of used Gibsons for sale. [thumbup]

Anyone know what the drill pattern on the fancy pantsy tuners is like? Hopefully an easy swap to Grovers or something.

Yeah.. it is an easy swap from what I have heard... No drill holes used for the robot. Its held in by the nuts on the other side... So its a very easy fix BUT you are paying like an extra $200 or something silly for the cost of them... So as has been mentioned.. It would be nice to have the choice and not to have to go out and have to spend more money on an already very expensive guitar.

... BUT you are paying like an extra $200 or something silly for the cost of them... So as has been mentioned.. It would be nice to have the choice and not to have to go out and have to spend more money on an already very expensive guitar.

Oh, I am not disagreeing with that. But I pretty much customize everything anyway, so it's good to know I can yank 'em off of there and swap without having to drill holes (though I don't mind drilling holes when needed). Probably be able to sell them for at least the cost of the replacements.

Looking back at Gibson's past trade show videos it looks like they've chosen Gibson USA to be their cutting edge division and they're doing all of the changes (battery operated tuners, no nibs, extra toggle switches, 2 or 3 knobs, etc.) to the Gibson USA guitars and are sparing the Custom Shop models these doohickeys.

What the Custom Shop models are getting is RIchlite instead of ebony.

It was to hide the wood type from Fender, they were in heavy competition with each other at the time, Gibson did not want them to know what kind of wood they were using so they hid it with gold paint.

That's the party line maybe. Besides the fact it would have taken Tadio and Leo about three minutes to figure out what wood was under there, there were at least 4 other people at that meeting, and they all talked later. That isn't why. Two other Gibson decision makers didn't want to do the goldtop, thought it gaudy and cheap looking.

rct

Archived