Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Firebrand

Rabs

Wouldn't have expected Schaller tuners with acrylic buttons on this one. Saying "Gibson" they must be stock in my opinion.

Never saw a 335-S Firebrand in person. Not sure if they made it to Europe then. Some of my pals owned Firebrand SG and Les Paul guitars, similar to the later "The SG" and "The Paul".

Wouldn't have expected Schaller tuners with acrylic buttons on this one. Saying "Gibson" they must be stock in my opinion.

Never saw a 335-S Firebrand in person. Not sure if they made it to Europe then. Some of my pals owned Firebrand SG and Les Paul guitars, similar to the later "The SG" and "The Paul".

If I lived in the US and had any money id buy that [thumbup]

Not common for not good reasons. They didn't last for good reasons.

rct

What reasons is that then? I never played one..... But I like the way they look.

(I did just noticed the strings are upside down, is that why ? :P :))

They took the crappiest of the crappy blanks that weren't LP worthy and cut them down to make these. Heavy, thud-y, dull guitars. We had three, four maybe in the shop. Couldn't give 'em away and I don't remember what happened to them.

rct

They took the crappiest of the crappy blanks that weren't LP worthy and cut them down to make these. Heavy, thud-y, dull guitars. We had three, four maybe in the shop. Couldn't give 'em away and I don't remember what happened to them.

rct

My uncle has one of those The Paul and I brought over my LP studio ('94) to see if maybe his was lighter and sounded good or something...maybe we could trade...

HECK NO! My guitar sounded so much better. I didn't know if I should blame it on the shape (mine is arched, his was flat) or on my pups, but his was all fail. In my utterly noob opinion, The Pauls are *facepalm [thumbdn]

I I have a "The Paul" and a lifetime full of Gibsons here in my home and at the studio right now. Gee, I must have purchased the only good one then way back in 78/79. Lucky me. Lucky Murphy ((who hasn't been around here of late for good reason). He has one of the SG models he has hung with as well. Wonder why he and I did so? ... 'cause they work just fine. Wish he would chime in on this one. Don't rag my "The Paul" !

I I have a "The Paul" and a lifetime full of Gibsons here in my home and at the studio right now. Gee, I must have purchased the only good one then way back in 78/79. Lucky me. Lucky Murphy ((who hasn't been around here of late for good reason). He has one of the SG models he has hung with as well. Wonder why he and I did so? ... 'cause they work just fine. Wish he would chime in on this one. Don't rag my "The Paul" !

No ragging on your The Paul. Just as there were a lot of logs there were a lot of good ones.

I'd never rag on a guy with that avatar.

rct

...chime in on this one. Don't rag my "The Paul" !

I liked mine. I thought it had a great sound. Then again I was 16 and it sounded like GOD compared to the crap I had been playing. Since I no longer have it, I can't compare it to my current stuff. It did have the T-Top pickups that many seem to regard highly. Maybe someone has one still and can give us a sound clip... that would be cool!

Archived