Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson to raise prices in 2015??

Zeke

Did they not increase pricing on guitars in 2014 as well...pretty drastically even then? 2012/2013 Traditionals were going for $2300 and in 2014 they are on sale for that price. 2015 has a lot of changes coming that most people won't be attracted to as far as I'm concerned, especially not for a price increase! I'm glad I have my Studio Faded and my 2012 Traditional even more so now!

A two edged sword. I hate to see price increases every year, but Gibson has employees who want raises every year. The old adage of supply and demand. If the prices are raised too high, the demand will diminish, supply/inventory will increase and the prices will adjust to what the public is willing to pay. At least it sounds good on paper, as for the real world, well....

Kenny V

But, 29%? That's absurd, ridiculous! [thumbdn] Especially, in this economy! [cursing]

But...everything else is going up, FOOD especially! So...??? [crying]

CB

I agree... a $3000 Les Paul in 2014 will now cost a whopping $3879 in 2015. It also looks like a sub $1000 Les Paul is a thing of the past as well. After reading this, maybe I will pull the trigger on a end of the year 2014 bargain.

I agree... a $3000 Les Paul in 2014 will now cost a whopping $3879 in 2015. It also looks like a sub $1000 Les Paul is a thing of the past as well. After reading this, maybe I will pull the trigger on a end of the year 2014 bargain.

I went ahead and bought a closeout Signature T. I wont be buying anymore Gibsons unless they're used and I score a deal.

I bought two new closeout Les Pauls this year. a 2013 60s Tribute for $729 and a 2013 Signature T.

I'm good for a while.

Heck yes. Raise the price on an already overpriced guitar. That's sure to help the companies already faltering stability. A couple more raids like the ones in 2011 and they would fall over the cliff. They've decreased their workforce and any future legal battles over violating the lacey act would put them in bankruptcy. I don't find it a bit surprising that Mr. Juszkiewicz was personally targeted by the feds. He contributed a miniscule amount to the re-election of a couple of republicans. Where as Chris Martin contributed many times more to the democratic party. And surprisingly enough Martin guitars weren't targeted even though they use the same wood as almost half a dozen Gibson guitars.

So let someone buy the guitar new. I will be happy to wait a couple of years for them to sell it so I can purchase it at a significantly reduced price. There are dozens and dozens of Gibson's on the Guitar Center site that are easily half to three quarters of what they were brand new.

Politicians are responsible for most problems in this world, and resolve none. They waste our taxes and hold their hand out for more. Same the world over. In the UK our politicians are set to get a 10% payrise in a world recession of their making when the man in the street is lucky to get a pay rise at all, not even 1%. (bear in mind our politicians are paid about four times the majorities working wage already). The bankers are even worse - the top men get millions of pounds pay off for failing in their job!

Its not a good thing for for anybody for Gibson to have to raise their prices. I had to stretch my finances to buy my guitars at todays prices, let alone after a huge 2015 price hike. Reckon I won't be buying another. On the plus side , when I am under the sod and out of this lunatic world, my daughters will be able to get a tidy sum for my instruments!

Heck yes. Raise the price on an already overpriced guitar. That's sure to help the companies already faltering stability. A couple more raids like the ones in 2011 and they would fall over the cliff. They've decreased their workforce and any future legal battles over violating the lacey act would put them in bankruptcy. I don't find it a bit surprising that Mr. Juszkiewicz was personally targeted by the feds. He contributed a miniscule amount to the re-election of a couple of republicans. Where as Chris Martin contributed many times more to the democratic party. And surprisingly enough Martin guitars weren't targeted even though they use the same wood as almost half a dozen Gibson guitars.

So let someone buy the guitar new. I will be happy to wait a couple of years for them to sell it so I can purchase it at a significantly reduced price. There are dozens and dozens of Gibson's on the Guitar Center site that are easily half to three quarters of what they were brand new.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For the umpteenth time - How's the "buying gray market woods on the cheap" thing working for you now, Gibson?

BTW, the reason Martin didn't get busted is that the wood they use isn't black market nor has it ever been. Gibson, however, after getting raided under the Bush administration, decided to continue to actively pursue wood on the gray market. No big deal unless you like to keep your nose clean.

Here we are three or four years later and now prices are sky high and they're still messed up by this whole affair. Countertops on "Custom" level guitars? If you don't think there's any consequences to being a scofflaw and being proud of it, here's some proof.

Did they not increase pricing on guitars in 2014 as well...pretty drastically even then? 2012/2013 Traditionals were going for $2300 and in 2014 they are on sale for that price. 2015 has a lot of changes coming that most people won't be attracted to as far as I'm concerned, especially not for a price increase! I'm glad I have my Studio Faded and my 2012 Traditional even more so now!

Ya have ta think that US made goods were at a long time low price for Canadians in 2012 when the dollar was over parity. I bought a 2011 lp in 2012 satisfied that the price was right. I'm not ordering aftermarket parts from the US now because it's not a bargain (it was in 2012).

I think the wood thing is far gone out of the picture by now. The "fine" (or extortion, depending on how one defines how the legal system is supposed to work) has been paid, and whatever damage done by the interuption in wood supplies and the closing of the plant is already past from last years production run.

29% DOES seem high, but I'm curious how that compares to other goods that are made in the USA. Or other guitar makes for that matter. I'm talking about genuinely made in the USA, not imports sold by American companies. Anyone priced a Whopper lately?

The U.S. is one of the most EXPENSIVE places to have a factory or business, if not the most, compared to the rest of the world. That's a major reason why most things we get here are made elsewhere. There have been some changes effecting businesses here in the past few years making it more expensive. Most I think flies under the radar because most goods are imported.

It is what it is. The cost is the cost. Personally, I would rather have Gibson guitars be high priced (as in, higher than I like) than either not have Gibson at all, or see it become outsourced. It's one of the last things American we have the option of buying in any form.

Ya have ta think that US made goods were at a long time low price for Canadians in 2012 when the dollar was over parity. I bought a 2011 lp in 2012 satisfied that the price was right. I'm not ordering aftermarket parts from the US now because it's not a bargain (it was in 2012).

Ya back a few years when I bought my Les Paul Studio, the dollar was better than the US. I went to the GC in Buffalo on the US Memorial day weekend and scored such a deal, the words outta the sales guy's mouth were "well I guess we're selling guitars for less than cost today?", matched with the exchanged rate it was a great score. Sadly, that small window is now closed!

Gibson can make a good guitar, I skipped buying this year.

I'm looking forward to the 2015 yr models.

Hopefully they will still offer a LPJ model.

I agree with charlie brown

29%? That's absurd, ridiculous,

Let the retail price be -

and keep the out the door, real price low.

A business should consider the customer,

Looking forward to all the new 2015's

Les Pauls.

Gibson can make a good guitar, I skipped buying this year.

I'm looking forward to the 2015 yr models.

Hopefully they will still offer a LPJ model.

I agree with charlie brown

29%? That's absurd, ridiculous,

Let the retail price be -

and keep the out the door, real price low.

A business should consider the customer,

and not be self-serving like General Motors.

just saying,,,,

well there wont be an lpj they already said they are dropping all the low end guitars. nothing under $1000 next year. if you want an lpj better get it now or buy used.

Archived