Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 24/7 Support

DenverSteve

I don't really expect guitar manufacturer's to have an around-the-clock service/support team BUT that's what the web site says. Any idea exactly what that means? I emailed this morning and called a bit ago and - of course - nothing. What part of the support is 24/7? I hve a simple question about the build of one of my Gibsons, not something emergency related, but it does say 24/7 support.

I think 24/7 is probably an unrealistic expectation, no matter what it says. You could also ask your question here, and might get some direction. There is pretty much 24/7 support here, depending on the question, of course.

Probably not. I want build information on my specific custom shop j45 Southern Jumbo. Unless the team who built this serial number is here and remembers. ... So, no.

I want build information on my specific custom shop j45 Southern Jumbo.

Inquiries of this nature are ALWAYS better taken up with your dealer. YOU are not a customer of Gibson, your dealer is. You are a customer of the dealer.

Of the hundreds of guitars Gibson ships out a day , do you really expect them to answer questions from each and every retail buyer?

And by the way, just what exactly was the question?

Inquiries of this nature are ALWAYS better taken up with your dealer. YOU are not a customer of Gibson, your dealer is. You are a customer of the dealer.

Of the hundreds of guitars Gibson ships out a day , do you really expect them to answer questions from each and every retail buyer?

And by the way, just what exactly was the question?

I know that is the case but I think it is a shame that Gibson feels that way..

Probably not. I want build information on my specific custom shop j45 Southern Jumbo. Unless the team who built this serial number is here and remembers. ... So, no.

Calling customer service won't get you to the team that built that guitar either. It was built in Bozeman. CS is based in Nashville. Even if you call Bozeman, you won't talk to the folks that built it. They are builders, not customer service agents. You would never get a floor worker on the phone. So what's the question? Some of us have connections and might be able to get you some answers. ;)

Calling customer service won't get you to the team that built that guitar either. It was built in Bozeman. CS is based in Nashville. Even if you call Bozeman, you won't talk to the folks that built it. They are builders, not customer service agents. You would never get a floor worker on the phone. So what's the question? Some of us have connections and might be able to get you some answers. ;)

To prevent any rumours, my connections are fairly limited. [biggrin]

A month back I wanted build information on MY Southern Jumbo. I tried corporate (Nashville), and they were just acting as an extra layer between me and Bozemon. They were nice enough, but I ended up getting the information that was more accurate directly from Bozemon. I googled customer service for acoustics in Bozemon specifically, called, and spoke to Jeremy.

That's the way to go... During biz hours... Direct.

I font think Jeremy works 24/7. Maybe he does. I don't know.

... I googled customer service for acoustics in Bozemon specifically, called, and spoke to Jeremy.

That's the way to go... During biz hours... Direct.

I font think Jeremy works 24/7. Maybe he does. I don't know.

You'd suspect him perhaps being an android - no eat, no drink, no sleep, no - and so on...??? [biggrin]

Jeremy always answered anything I've asked and is good for following up on any issues. I've only dealt with customer service a few times and have no complaints.

Similar experiences with Martin. No problems.

I agree that it is unrealistic to think you're going to call the factory and speak to the team that built your guitar. The recent custom I ordered took 9 months to get through the system. I'd hate to think how long it would take if they were also doing customer service.

My experience: They sometimes don't answer. When they don't answer and ask you to leave a message they sometimes don't return the call. They seldom know any minutia about their products, but they'll try to find the answer. They have always spoken clear English, have always provided acceptable solutions to any problem I've had, have always had quick answers to specification questions about their current production models, and have always been quite pleasant to deal with. All in all, it's a pretty good operation. Most times, they answer the call and provide help. 24/7 customer service is an ambitious undertaking with such a diverse product line.

Thanks all. I'm really just trying to get the build sheet information on this guitar. Saddle, nut, neck ... Info. It's a 2013 model Southern Jumbo custom shop label. Some places I read modified V neck but this has more of a soft C shaped neck. I've read bone nut & saddle and I've also seen Tusq. I've been playing professionally for over 30 years and know I'm not going to speak to the floor folks. I've only had a couple of new Gibsons having played mostly Martins but the warranty brochure and web site say this -

You can also call Gibson Guitar Customer Service at 1-800-444-2766—24 hours a day, seven days a week—for any inquiries or advice.

So I tried taking them at their offer. Hopefully, I'll hear back from them tomorrow.... Or soon. It's a RSSJVSNH1 Custom Shop labeled Southern Jumbo.

the warranty brochure and web site say this -

You can also call Gibson Guitar Customer Service at 1-800-444-276624 hours a day, seven days a weekfor any inquiries or advice.

A few years ago, I called late in the evening (west coast time) and chatted a bit with the fellow who answered. He said only one person manned the phone at night, and if he didn't pick up, a message could be left and he would call back.

Can't vouch for how they operate today, but that's how they were set up at that time.

Thanks all. I'm really just trying to get the build sheet information on this guitar. Saddle, nut, neck ... Info. It's a 2013 model Southern Jumbo custom shop label. Some places I read modified V neck but this has more of a soft C shaped neck. I've read bone nut & saddle and I've also seen Tusq. I've been playing professionally for over 30 years and know I'm not going to speak to the floor folks. I've only had a couple of new Gibsons having played mostly Martins but the warranty brochure and web site say this -

You can also call Gibson Guitar Customer Service at 1-800-444-2766—24 hours a day, seven days a week—for any inquiries or advice.

So I tried taking them at their offer. Hopefully, I'll hear back from them tomorrow.... Or soon. It's a RSSJVSNH1 Custom Shop labeled Southern Jumbo.

Steve... interesting enough... my SJTV, when I asked customer service, and they had my serial number, that it was a red spruce top (all of the J45TVs and SJTVs supposedly have rd spruce tops - in 2013 anyway). Yet my specific SJTV is definitely a sitka top. And the only way to know is to send Jeremy a picture of your specific guitar. Close up pic.

The moral? "Gibson continues to be Gibson" The variability and uniqueness of specific guitar might madden some, and be a treasure to others. I like that mine is unique, and I just know that I like the sound of mine.

I called in today and spoke with Roger Ball. A very nice guy indeed. I received the build information on this guitar. It's hard sometimes to figure out which version of a model you are holding. Mine is the Modern Classics SJ, '40's Edition and although they call the neck V-Shape Profile, it feels and looks like a soft C from other makers. Either way it is another great Gibson and superb addition to my other tone-monsters.

I called in today and spoke with Roger Ball. A very nice guy indeed. I received the build information on this guitar. It's hard sometimes to figure out which version of a model you are holding. Mine is the Modern Classics SJ, '40's Edition and although they call the neck V-Shape Profile, it feels and looks like a soft C from other makers. Either way it is another great Gibson and superb addition to my other tone-monsters.

For what it's worth, my J-45 John Hiatt has a "modified V neck" but I would never call it that. I would describe as C shaped. It's a lot different than a standard J-45, it's fuller, but it's not a V.

For what it's worth, my J-45 John Hiatt has a "modified V neck" but I would never call it that. I would describe as C shaped.

The official specs also call the neck on the LG-2 AE "V-shaped" & similar to your comment, mine isn't anywhere near a V shape. It's actually a somewhat slim C shape, which I fortunately prefer.

Archived