Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Epiphone Union Jack Sheraton waiting thread

sdgails

LPS1976,

While some here might be annoyed if the pickups weren't official Gibson mini's, I would be happy just to know that the guitars were close to being received at the dealers, and that they didn't weigh 10 pounds.

Anything not glued to the guitar chassis can always be dealt with.

that's gotta be shipping weight.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 98 Sheraton weighs in around 7 pounds. Definitely shipping weight.

Damn! That would be great if they weighed in the 7lbs-low 8lbs range! :)

I had a Gibson Lucille back in 1994 and it weighed almost 10 pounds. Needless to say, it didn't last long.

Thanks, imorgg!

GC here says October 31. I spoke with them this morning and was told they have 300 coming. For what that is worth... I to have a guitar on special order from Epiphone. Who knows when it will be here but was told by GC that Epiphone said it would ship the 12th of Jan 2015. It was suppose to be mid Oct.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition--Union-Jack--Sheraton-Hollowbody-Electric-Guitar-110291010-i3606981.gc

Hope it is shipping wgt.I weigh 145 lbs, 11lbs would be like an Albatross hanging around my neck...Have to gig sitting down.Come to think of it, every demo of the UJ thatI have seen on youtube etc. the player has been seated :-)Spoke to my Sweetwater rep today via e-mai and was given the same non-answers, shoulder shrugs etc.regarding shipping date....

I just can't understand why all this doublespeak chicanary is warranted...Just tell us the truth, somebody, somewhere on the food chain must know definitively what is going on.Break it to us...We are all grown men and woman here and can handle the truth, right?

'You want the truth???? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH !!!msp_biggrin.gif

Got this earlier from Andertons where I ordered mine from

Hi,

Just another curtesy email to let you know that I’ve spoken to Gibson today and have been told me that we should have the Union jack guitars within the next 8 weeks but, as usual there’s no guarantee of that.

Thanks,

Pete – Drum Department

1413207107[/url]' post='1576737']

I'll add as much as I can, probably be Saturday, to say I'm excited is an understatement, I hope it meets all my expectations!!!!

Good at ya! Waiting with bated breath to hear the details....

Did you order from andertons UK or new Jersey USA?

I ordered with guitarguitar, they had'nt had any yet when i phoned earlier, i hope they get them soon! Ive used them a few times before, i think i may go elsewhere next time, i havent had one email other than confirmation of payment back in april, and customer services arent the most helpful.

I ordered through Sweetwater..first time I ever ordered from them....95% of my gear came from Musicians Friend, a few things from AMS and Reverb.

The rep does get back to me but it is 'nospeak' doubletalkmsp_flapper.gifWell, at least we know the guitars are out there somewhere now that Mr.Willsby got the heads up that his is on the way. 'Smoke if you got 'em'. msp_biggrin.gif

Well, I got my reply from Dawsons UK:

Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately same news!

No exact ETA at the moment, though we know they started shipping not that long ago, so I'd expect another 3-4 weeks yet.

I'd check how concrete that info from Andertons is, they're only advertising pre-orders at the moment!

So does that mean we can look forward to Captain Lee and Chappers recording a demo video with your guitar before they deliver it to you? [thumbup]

I would really love it if the Captain and Chappers did a video of the UJ! I love watching those guys!

1413319554[/url]' post='1577415']

It's as concrete as its at my house right now!!! 😜

Said they only got a handful though ?!

OK....this is the start, the Guitars are actually being distributed to real, 'salt of the earth'Musicians/ music lovers and not only the effete elite....msp_biggrin.gifGreat news, podnah! Details when you get home this Friday?Best, Luke

Just received a surprisingly informative email from epiphone-

The first deliveries of the Union Jack Sheraton Ltd Edtion have gone out recently to the following shops:

Woodbrass. France

Macca Music. France

Musique Shop. France

Andertons Music** UNITED KINGDOM

Rainbow Music Company UK. UNITED KINGDOM

Fuzz Guitar and Clothing Boutique. UNITED KINGDOM

Luthman SMTTS AB. Sweden

Zenker Ag. Switzerland

Lauda Audio Adamowicz Sp. Jawna. Poland

Andertons were early with ordering them and have received several guitars. We suggest contacting this dealer.

Unfortunately I didn't pre order with any of these , the wait goes on!

1413393652[/url]' post='1577797']

Just received a surprisingly informative email from epiphone-

The first deliveries of the Union Jack Sheraton Ltd Edtion have gone out recently to the following shops:

Woodbrass. France

Macca Music. France

Musique Shop. France

Andertons Music** UNITED KINGDOM

Rainbow Music Company UK. UNITED KINGDOM

Fuzz Guitar and Clothing Boutique. UNITED KINGDOM

Luthman SMTTS AB. Sweden

Zenker Ag. Switzerland

Lauda Audio Adamowicz Sp. Jawna. Poland

Andertons were early with ordering them and have received several guitars. We suggest contacting this dealer.

Unfortunately I didn't pre order with any of these , the wait goes on!

Thanks Matt,First solid info from Epiphone to date...USA distributors not even on the list.!Yikes!eusa_pray.gif

Wow! What a baggo s#%t that bloke got! Would defiantly send it back! I'm guessing there's no USA news in my email because it's from the European branch? I was shocked with the detail in the email but no surprise the question about what the delay is was dodged! I hope mines in better nick than that!

Archived