Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sdgails

2014 Epiphone Union Jack Sheraton waiting thread

I am sure the first run of them will not be the best . They will get better just think of all the work that goes into the flag .

Not what I want to read at all!!!

Not to fussed about action or setup as I'll get the luthier to do that, not a good start for some people though who have been waiting ages to have a disappointing guitar show up, fingers crossed mine is not like that.

c841bf8389ed3e714ca034f96ad86362.jpg

Wife sent me this from her crappy phone, it does look stunning but I'll check it over Friday when I get home

I am not able to get to the "comments" section. Could someone please tell me exactly what was stated? Thank you.

Stephen

the pictures posted looked awful.

Thank you.

When you say "awful" is that in reference to how the pictures were taken, or how poorly the guitar looked?

what seemed bad about the guitars...the actual paint job, the color?

Thanks.

Thank you.

When you say "awful" is that in reference to how the pictures were taken, or how poorly the guitar looked?

Thanks.

in reference to the guitar...finish looked rough from the blue to the binding and around the f-holes, frets looked a little green, the guy said the action was pretty high.

quote from the guy..."To be honest I am very

disappointed, it has damage, nicks, fretboard damage and poor quality

finish especially around the F Holes; Oh! and very high action.

Absolutely gutted after waiting 8 months, I dare not plug it into an amp!"

Thanks LPS1976,

I don't ever expect a guitar coming from China to be even close to set up. I do expect the fit and finish to be decent enough, but I do my own setup. The guitar would have to be completely unsatisfactory after I did my set up to it, for me to send it back. However, I am told that Sweetwater does a 55 point inspection on the guitars they ship, so if I get a guitar that is sloppily built, or with a neck that is not able to be set up straight and true, the first thing I will do is call them and ask them what type of inspection process they use, then return it and get my money back.

I truly hope, however, that this trouble being found among the first to arrive is not continued throughout the entire run.

O.K. everyone, who is getting a bit nervous from the initial reports coming in on the UJ?

I must admit that my skepticism level is rising. The last thing I need is to accept one of these guitars only to have trouble with it somehow after the return period has expired.

These are more expensive then the standard Sheratons, and I expect the level of quality to be higher then a normal Epiphone.

Thanks LPS1976,

I don't ever expect a guitar coming from China to be even close to set up. I do expect the fit and finish to be decent enough, but I do my own setup. The guitar would have to be completely unsatisfactory after I did my set up to it, for me to send it back. However, I am told that Sweetwater does a 55 point inspection on the guitars they ship, so if I get a guitar that is sloppily built, or with a neck that is not able to be set up straight and true, the first thing I will do is call them and ask them what type of inspection process they use, then return it and get my money back.

I truly hope, however, that this trouble being found among the first to arrive is not continued throughout the entire run.

I don't see any coming through the States to look as rough as this guys did. it will go through Epiphone's quality control/setup before it goes to stores.

I don't see any coming through the States to look as rough as this guys did. it will go through Epiphone's quality control/setup before it goes to stores.

That's relieving to hear! :)

I didn't know that any USA destination Epiphones got a look-see by the company prior to being sent to their final music store destinations! If that is the case, maybe the group coming here will be fine.

Thanks!

That's relieving to hear! :)

I didn't know that any USA destination Epiphones got a look-see by the company prior to being sent to their final music store destinations! If that is the case, maybe the group coming here will be fine.

Thanks!

that's where they get that "Setup and Inspected in the USA by ##" sticker on the back of the headstock...

Ahh! this will be my first Epiphone, so I was unaware of the extra step they took.

That's good to hear.

Would the inspection process here touch up inperfections as were mentioned by the above-poster who got his UJ and was disappointed?

Ahh! this will be my first Epiphone, so I was unaware of the extra step they took.

That's good to hear.

Would the inspection process here touch up inperfections as were mentioned by the above-poster who got his UJ and was disappointed?

yes, if they are unable to fix it; they sell them as a factory 2nd discounted.

1413477781[/url]' post='1578178']

yes, if they are unable to fix it; they sell them as a factory 2nd discounted.

Thanks, I didnt know that either..the UJ is the first item I ever ordered from Sweetwater..if I ever get it lol, I will keep what you told us in mind,Thanks again.Luke

Not what I want to read at all!!!

Not to fussed about action or setup as I'll get the luthier to do that, not a good start for some people though who have been waiting ages to have a disappointing guitar show up, fingers crossed mine is not like that.

c841bf8389ed3e714ca034f96ad86362.jpg

Wife sent me this from her crappy phone, it does look stunning but I'll check it over Friday when I get home

That thing looks amazing to me.

At the price point you would expect near perfection but it is alot cheaper than a run of the mill new ES 335 and alot sweeter.

My P93 Goldtop isn't perfect up close but it is screaming cool from 3 feet away....so who cares, its cool, play it, love it. [cool]

Thank you.

Thanks.

I wondered how they would be able to paint a flag on the thing without it looking like hell. The workers must have been saying "you have got to be kidding! That will take us an additional day to do!"

The flag could have been done by silkscreen process. Then clear coated. Just a thought. I just can't imagine them taping all of those lines and spraying the individual colors with airbrushes.

There's someone on the Epiphone Product Page saying they've cancelled their order!

Where is the Epi product page, please? I cannot seem to find it.

Was the cancelled order by an individual, or a store?

There's someone on the Epiphone Product Page saying they've cancelled their order!

[/

I know the first pics are bad but that's a bit over the top, they're not all going to be bad! I can't see anything wrong in the link that Peter has put on the comments either!

If anyone in the U.K. is after one it seems rainbow music still have them in stock!

epiphone.com under products menu

By an individual. Here's the link: http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Electrics/Archtop/Ltd-Ed-Union-Jack-Sheraton.aspx

I know the first pics are bad but that's a bit over the top, they're not all going to be bad! I can't see anything wrong in the link that Peter has put on the comments either!

If anyone in the U.K. is after one it seems rainbow music still have them in stock!

Yeah, I agree.

Rainbow music in Carlisle does claim to have them in stock - Dawsons still don't have any :mellow: They told me they would be annoyed if Andertons got them first as Dawsons are 'Europe's #1 Epiphone Dealer'

By an individual. Here's the link: http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Electrics/Archtop/Ltd-Ed-Union-Jack-Sheraton.aspx

Yeah, I agree.

Rainbow music in Carlisle does claim to have them in stock - Dawsons still don't have any :mellow: They told me they would be annoyed if Andertons got them first as Dawsons are 'Europe's #1 Epiphone Dealer'

I went with guitarguitar in the end, they said it was rubbish that andertons ordered earlier because they ordered on release day! I had problems with Dawson's a couple of years ago buying my ej200, probably just a one off though,plus the idea was to go to the local guitarguitar in Birmingham and collect it but mines apparently coming from the Glasgow store when they get theirs!