Gibson Brands Forums

'06 Wine/Gold Studio

BobF_

Thanks ... semi-local shop has one for me to check out. Trying to decide if it's worth the trip.

I used to play on an old bandmate of mines a lot. We would get drunk and play musical instruments.

It sounded good thru my JCM 900 SLX. If I hit it with an OD pedal it really sounded good.

I like studios, I play my studio more than all my other guitars..

I used to play on an old bandmate of mines a lot. We would get drunk and play musical instruments.

It sounded good thru my JCM 900 SLX. If I hit it with an OD pedal it really sounded good.

I like studios, I play my studio more than all my other guitars..

I'm getting ready to head out. He also has a handful of the S2 PRS I want to check out.

I almost bought an S2 24 but I bought a Sig T instead. I liked the S2 but I like the Sig T more.

I will always default to a Les Paul.

Have fun and good luck!

Always good to hang out and play/talk guitars. No deals today. The S2 PRSs are meh, IMO. The '06 studio was actually labeled "plus top cherry" - definitely not wine. meh.

Oddly enough, I almost - almost bought this Korean PRS on the spot. Feels great. Sounds great. Light. Great looking even though I normally don't like green. It was all I could to not have it in hand when I left. I may go back for it at some point.

http://www.prsguitar...myers/index.php

Always good to hang out and play/talk guitars. No deals today. The S2 PRSs are meh, IMO. The '06 studio was actually labeled "plus top cherry" - definitely not wine. meh.

So you didn't try it since the finish has been enough of a dealbreaker for you?

Oddly enough, I almost - almost bought this Korean PRS on the spot. Feels great. Sounds great. Light. Great looking even though I normally don't like green. It was all I could to not have it in hand when I left. I may go back for it at some point.

http://www.prsguitar...myers/index.php

I was kinda meh on S2 as well. I liked the blue smoke crab burst but I hated the pickups.

pickups rarely deter me from a guitar if I like how it feels. I can change pickups. I loved the Sig T. It has a growl to it.

Keep on searching for the right one.

I was kinda meh on S2 as well. I liked the blue smoke crab burst but I hated the pickups.

pickups rarely deter me from a guitar if I like how it feels. I can change pickups. I loved the Sig T. It has a growl to it.

Keep on searching for the right one.

Yeah, I'm in no hurry. It's not like I don't have anything to play :)

Archived