Gibson Brands Forums

G string # from the nut to the 12th fret

goldtop1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Farnsbarns

Actually I can't take credit for that post. It was a paraphrase of the CyC routine 'Speaker Ashley Roachclip'.

Ash tray? Rolled? That is so '70s... [biggrin]

Vintage terminology sounds better because the verbs have dried out better and the adjectives crystallise!

I think one major difference in how we use our language is that we don't feel the need to update terms to maximise how "cool" we might sound. [flapper]

What do you Yankee doodle dandies call an ash tray nowadays then, and what verb do you use in place of "roll" in that context?

• 2 weeks later...

sorry you're wrong. it's how to polish a fret.. and yes I've done it. many times. what should I ask Gibson?

good luck with the fret job.

No I haven't. I tried the steel wool thing one time but you would need a curved sanding block. Then a straight edge. It's going to be $90. The guitar always plays great when it's new. When I first began playing I didn't know how long it takes for these frets to flatten out. Intonation I assumed would also be the correct pitch of every note on the guitar. Not just at the 12th.

Also the bridge pickup is not as loud as it was when I bought it. Haven't even got around to testing the impedance. you think one of the coils could have cut out and it's a single coil pickup? I'll just assume it's a $200 repair. I guess I'll get the chrome cover next time. I thought the pickups without the chrome cover were better but now I see what the chrome covers are designed for.

Every time I rehearse somewhere I lose a pickup or an I/O jack. One time my spring reverb cut out. Every time it's something different. I guess it's the demons.

Archived