Gibson Brands Forums

Monica Heldal -- Gibson Girl!

Smurfbird

The song caught my ear, so I looked her up and saw this video of her playing a Gibson. I assume she is small and she's playing an LG-2, but could it be a J45? Please advise.

Monica Heldal -- Boy From the North:

not a 45. Script Logo - could this be like a Robert Johnson or a Blues King ?

The song caught my ear, so I looked her up and saw this video of her playing a Gibson. I assume she is small and she's playing an LG-2, but could it be a J45? Please advise.

Looks like a blues king

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Small-Body/Gibson-Acoustic/Blues-King.aspx

This is worth a listen, seems her guitarist friend is a Gibson man as well

It is tricky to catch the shape of the guitar in the video, especially with the beautiful Monica in the way!

It could be a BK, but at first look I thought it could be a LG2 reissue, but it doesn't have a belly bridge.

BluesKing777.

I believe it has a belly-up bridge. Also has a strange nut arrangement, but I can't find a clear close-up of it. 19-fret neck, old logo, don't recognize the tuners. L-OO style pickguard, L-OO body shape.

Not sure what it is, I get distracted by the girl playing it.

Edit: after looking again, it's probably a straight bridge. Looking at the Blues King specs, I'm pretty that's what it is, right down to the tuners.

I believe it has a belly-up bridge. Also has a strange nut arrangement, but I can't find a clear close-up of it. 19-fret neck, old logo, don't recognize the tuners. L-OO style pickguard, L-OO body shape.

Edit: after looking again, it's probably a straight bridge. Looking at the Blues King specs, I'm pretty that's what it is, right down to the tuners.

Nice microphone!

The gadgetry is in the way of getting a clear view sometimes, but it looks like my BK...Monica, Monica, Monica ..I told you not to borrow my BK without asking....ok, you're doing such a nice job..keep it!

BluesKing777.

Ha! Same here. She has a Michelle Phillips look from the Mamas and Papas days. Beautiful and talented.

I agree. Looks like a Blues King.

DC

It just occurred to me that someone saw her singing and just GAVE her their Blues King!

BluesKing777.

The guitar she is playing is a late 90s L00, with mini Grovers.

The unique thing about this guitar is its body depth.

It is dread. depth. I once visited Coda Music in UK and they

had a natural and SB finish at great prices.

I am certain that had my wife not been waiting for me in the car I would have left

with both!

I agree she doesn't need the heavy echo. It's one of my peeves with much modern music. (Among many -- though #1 is how most recordings these days have no sense of dynamics due to over-compression and zero knowledge of proper tonal arrangements. Everyone fights for the same bandwidth.)

However, I'm genuinely impressed and the more I listen to her album (I discovered iTunes offers 3 additional songs and only charges $7.99 for the album, currently) the more I like her.

Now, to tackle the new Lucinda Williams album. 20 songs!

Archived