Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your Les Paul Guitars

4Hayden

Stunning.

I don't care how many times I've seen it before - and even with the aged inlays - that is one gorgeous LP, CB.

[thumbup]

EDIT : Just out of interest; Am I right in thinking the replacement TRC is the 'Historic' version? (the proportions/shape/layering seem to be more 'correct' than a regular part).

P.

Thanks, Pippy...that means a lot! And, it is, indeed, a '59 "Historic" TRC! One of the first "Mods" I did to it. [biggrin]

I (later) took out the Ceramic (stock) pickups, and put in '57 and 57+ pickups, which (to me) made it sound

more like I felt it should! The Ceramics, were just too "Hot" for me, my playing style, and musical taste.

CB

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1417146560[/url]' post='1595933']

Yeah and it sounds really awesome its the Alnico 5 in the neck pickup over Alnico 2 for one thing less mud more attack with out sacrificing that sweet neck sound. The bridge is razor sharp through my Marshall but not over kill like a Distortion pickup would be. Its Classic and Southern Rock all the way but its got all the pinch squeal you need to call up.

Searcy is winding me another bridge pickup for my Classic and I think Im going to throw an Alnico 5 magnet in my 57 Classic neck too I just love that sound.

what Marshall do you play through?

The things I would be willing to do...(when nobody is looking , ya know), for that BLUE LP.........Ohhhhhhhhhh

Thats what I thought last year, and when they came out with the 2015, well, it was a matter of finding one with a decent top and playability, weight etc.

Better late than never rabs , that last one and the gold top I really like , Thanks

Cheers...

That's a 60s Tribute Studio GT and a 2008 Standard (made in 2011)... :) (in case theres anyone who actually doesn't know this by now ;))

I love them all so much.....

Cheers...

That's a 60s Tribute Studio GT and a 2008 Standard (made in 2011)... :) (in case theres anyone who actually doesn't know this by now ;))

I love them all so much.....

Thanks for clearing that up lol nice guitars

P90 heaven <3

Some time ago , my late wife bought me a parts Telecaster that had a P90 at the neck, first P90 I ever had...I seem to have caught some sort of fever...I have the above Les Pauls with P90's, plus 5 Epiphone arch tops with P 90's plus an Agile AL 3010 with P90's...I'm really not sure what happened, but I have only 5 guitars with humbuckers which at one time were all I wanted to play.And I think I forgot to include this Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute limited run honeyburst...it has those P90's on it!

DSCN0532_zpsb9bd3640.jpg

Those big single coils will sneak up on ya!

Some time ago , my late wife bought me a parts Telecaster that had a P90 at the neck, first P90 I ever had...I seem to have caught some sort of fever...I have the above Les Pauls with P90's, plus 5 Epiphone arch tops with P 90's plus an Agile AL 3010 with P90's...I'm really not sure what happened, but I have only 5 guitars with humbuckers which at one time were all I wanted to play.And I think I forgot to include this Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute limited run honeyburst...it has those P90's on it!

DSCN0532_zpsb9bd3640.jpg

Those big single coils will sneak up on ya!

Looks good and I bet those coils will speak to you

Archived