Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your Les Paul Guitars

4Hayden

Here's my Les Paul collage...figured I might as well join in the show & tell fun too! [biggrin]

image_zpsojxgt8mw.jpg

Top Left: 2014 Gibson Les Paul Traditional in Heritage Cherry Sunburst with a chunky, rounded 58 profile neck and 59 Tribute pickups.

Top Right: 2016 Gibson Les Paul Traditional in Honey Burst with a classic, rounded 59 profile neck and 57 Classic / 57 Classic Plus pickups.

Lower Left: 2014 Epiphone Les Paul Standard in Ebony with a fairly meaty 60s Slim Taper neck profile and DiMarzio PAF 36th Anny / Super Distortion zebra pickups.

Lower Right: All 3 of my sexy ladies posing together! [thumbup]

Awesome. They're all sweet. That 2014 is my favorite.

-F.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome. They're all sweet. That 2014 is my favorite.

-F.

Thx man! Not quite as many beauties as you have! :) (I also have one other old 1998 Epi LP beater that needs some fixing up, both technically and cosmetically...thus she didn't make the collage with my 3 main beauties.)

I really like the knobs on that Studio. Complete with pointers.

-Frank

It came stock with them.

I am a big fan of these reflector knobs with pointers. I put those on the Classic Custom too. It came, - as Yours - with black speed knobs.

Cheers... Bence

Thought I'd participate.

Here's my collection of Les Pauls.

franksllespauls.jpg

From left to right:

2004 Gibson Les Paul Special Double Cutaway (Faded)

2012 Gibson Les Paul Studio (White)

2014 Gibson Les Paul Studio 120th Anniversary (Wine Red Vintage Gloss)

2012 Gibson Traditional Pro II (Pelham Blue)

2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic (Seafoam Green)

2014 Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom Flower Pot Inlay (Antique Natural)

-Frank

Love your LP's. How come the Classic Custom has a flower pot inlay on the headstock? I've seen some with the thistle/ crown, but never the pot. That is very unusual and looks great. I have a black R7 Custom, but would love a natural Custom someday.

Love your LP's. How come the Classic Custom has a flower pot inlay on the headstock? I've seen some with the thistle/ crown, but never the pot. That is very unusual and looks great. I have a black R7 Custom, but would love a natural Custom someday.

Hey, Cody. Thanks for the compliments. I stumbled upon this Flower Pot inlay custom while I was just surfing the web looking at guitars. I wasn't really looking to buy. I saw it and did some research and it turns out it's apparently a special edition made by Gibson exclusively for two big retailers. From what I could gather the two were Guitar Center and Musician's Friend. If you do a search for the guitar it appears it has already sold out everywhere. I was able to grab one, luckily. I have a friend who works at GC and I told him I wanted the guitar. I traded in three axes for it. At first he told me it wasn't available, but he was able to find it and they shipped it to my home.

It's a beautiful guitar up close. Also, notice it has regular trapezoid inlays instead of the block inlays that come on regular LP Customs, but it does have the seven-ply top binding.

Believe it or not, my favorite one to play is the white studio with the checkerboard pick guard. It just rocks. I try not to handle the Custom too much. Haha...

-F.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived