Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your Les Paul Guitars

4Hayden

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a picture of my brand new 2014 Gibson Les Paul Traditional with Floyd Rose ](*,)[thumbup]

post-68053-025536200 1413903629_thumb.jpg

Congrats, HNGD, would be worth her own topic, Gary! [thumbup] Awesome top, great finish, beautiful guitar. [wub]

"Traditional" Floyd Rose lover here so to say, I dig this flawless vibrato build since over twenty-seven years. [biggrin]

I could have sworn I already posted in this thread... :-k Oh well, here I go again.

2008 VOS R7

Goldie1_zpsdcc1a372.jpg

2004 Studio

BestFriends01-1.jpg

Nice guitars, Saturn! [thumbup] Sorry for using the pics with the "naked" tops for quoting, I prefer LPs without pickguard for showing off their beauty. [love][rolleyes]

Anyway, this is just me... ;)

So I finally finished my 2014 Studio Pro '59 Reissue w/ Modern Updates (I really need a better name) [thumbdn]

For those that don't remember, or don't know they put ugly black plastic on everything last year.

Stock_StudioPro_zps18da29ff.jpg

Loved playing the guitar, but something about the looks bothered me. Then one night, I saw a '59 Reissue and it hit me. CREME/WHITE! That's why it looks like a wannabe, not quite there yet...

GC and Amazon provided with the parts, the final one (creme jackplate cover) came the other day and she's done! Now, just needs a name and time to start on my SGJ!

Hope you all like her as much as me... OK, you won't like her that much, but...

LP08_zps50dad43f.jpg

LP06_zps97abfc0a.jpg

LP03_zpsa60bf901.jpg

This are some pics of my customized 13 LPJ, finaly finished.

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/Marcos_Nieto_Villa/slideshow/Gibson%20LPJ%20Upgraded

Greetings Marcos

Looks much nicer than stock to me. [wub]

And talking about cream coloured plastics, i was wondering how would that look on my LPJ? I have tried amber knobs but they don´t looked good with the black plastic.

What do you guys think?

When about amber knobs, they would look better with cream coloured pickup rings, toggle switch tip and washer I think. Anyway, imagining the result is a bit difficult for me.

Looks much nicer than stock to me. [wub]

When about amber knobs, they would look better with cream coloured pickup rings, toggle switch tip and washer I think. Anyway, imagining the result is a bit difficult for me.

I gues i have to try and look if it works. Or maybe i do it first the digital way. There are some design your own guitar sites around.

I think it will give an idea how it could look.

And thank´s i´m glad you like it.

Einen lieben Gruss

Marcos

Looks much better to my eyes with the cream-coloured plastics. [thumbup]

Thank you. Yes, I agree. Plus, just makes me want to play her more... though the way she plays, really has me hooked.

This are some pics of my customized 13 LPJ, finaly finished.

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/Marcos_Nieto_Villa/slideshow/Gibson%20LPJ%20Upgraded

Greetings Marcos

Wow! Love the grain on that. Jealous! Still want a LPJ.

And talking about cream coloured plastics, i was wondering how would that look on my LPJ? I have tried amber knobs but they don´t looked good with the black plastic.

What do you guys think?

I'm getting a Cherry SGJ and I think, other than rubbing out the finish for more gloss... I was looking at knobs and same with the LPJ... I kind of like them, as is.

But I'd love for you to dress it up and let us see! Might change my mind. :D

Archived