Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your Les Paul Guitars

4Hayden

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Marcos!

Opinion: You've created a masterpiece. It's perfect. I don't recall seeing headstock shots though. Did you keep the black tuners?

Ups! I forgot to make some pictures of the headstock.msp_crying.gif

Tuners are still there, but the headstock is a little more shiny.

I don´t know when i unscrewd them from the headstock i found something strange the stamping says:

TPKLICWD.

I thought maybe this are Tonepros Tuners, thing is they keep in tune very well so i think i don´t want to swap them.

And thanks a lot, I think i better don´t change the plastics. You are right it´s perfect as it is.

The next Les Paul i want to buy has cream coloured plastics anyway.msp_wink.gif

Greetz Marcos

• 2 weeks later...

Gibson G0

14704250016_e033f794e4_c.jpgGibson 07 Les Paul by Simon Clarkson Photography, on Flickr

Gibson LP Goddess

14562820560_67f714a6a8_c.jpg2008 Gibson Les Paul Goddess by Simon Clarkson Photography, on Flickr

Regards

[flapper]

I'd never seen or heard of a Les Paul Goddess before I joined this forum and saw a pic of the beautiful Lindsay Ell playing one

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Lindsay_Ell_at_Olympic_Plaza_in_2010.jpg

I've had this 2014 Classic for a couple months now.

Initially, it was my intention to simply buy a Studio, but the more I looked, the more I kept coming back to the Classic.

It's a good feeling when money is not a factor in your buying decision. I got this one because I wanted it more than any other.

Sweetwater takes better pictures than I do, so that's what I'm using. Sorry.

140050304-front-large_zps12e06fb6.jpg

Initially, it was my intention to simply buy a Studio, but the more I looked, the more I kept coming back to the Classic.

It's a good feeling when money is not a factor in your buying decision. I got this one because I wanted it more than any other.

I have the same guitar from Sweetwater

Gibson G0

14704250016_e033f794e4_c.jpg

OH MY! [drool]

Very sweet axe! For me, its the binding. I just think a Les Paul, right wood and binding are about the most beautiful guitars on the planet. I actually prefer playing an unbound neck... but, its not such a big preference, I'd turn one down. Aesthetically, I'd live with it. [thumbup]

Don't know if I'll ever get to own a LP like that. I'm happy with my Studio Pro and really... the binding is the only thing that separates it, from the big $ models (though, I think $1,500 retail is a good sum, for a guitar), so playability, sound, etc are basically the same. Its more a primal need thing... lol.

Though, from ballpark figures I've been given for my Kramer, I could turn that into a nice Traditional Flame Top (I could probably haggle the AAA+ top) on a trade. They're still going to make money on the deal.

Edit: I should note I'm half joking about a trade. The value of Kramers, fluctuate wildly from area and time of year. I've seen them go for around a grand less than 100 miles south of us and for as high as three grand, in this area. Mine is as clean as they get... and they're pretty confident they can move it. But prying a upper level LP from them, is a different matter.

Archived