Gibson Brands Forums

LockTone bridge/tail piece

jpaskell

I am looking to purchase a replacement bridge and tail stop for my ES339. They are LockTone as I believe all stock epiphones are equipped with.

I can not seem to find them on line at any of the usual places, (Sweetwater, American Music, Guitar Center etc.) I can, easily find them on EBay. Has anyone had any issues purchasing items like this from Ebay? Seems these items are shipped from overseas and I wonder about the quality.

Thanks,

Jim

I am looking to purchase a replacement bridge and tail stop for my ES339. They are LockTone as I believe all stock epiphones are equipped with.

I can not seem to find them on line at any of the usual places, (Sweetwater, American Music, Guitar Center etc.) I can, easily find them on EBay. Has anyone had any issues purchasing items like this from Ebay? Seems these items are shipped from overseas and I wonder about the quality.

Thanks,

Jim

you can order them through an authorized Epiphone dealer

I have contacted four "Epiphone" dealers and got negative responses. Here is one from Stewmac:

"Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, we do not carry this part, but our Locking Roller Bridge might be a comparable product:"

Might be compatible doesn't work for me. But I do appreciate your response.

Really sorry I bought an Epiphone/Gibson product. Shoulda stayed with fender.

Thanks again,

Jim

I have contacted four "Epiphone" dealers and got negative responses. Here is one from Stewmac:

"Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, we do not carry this part, but our Locking Roller Bridge might be a comparable product:"

Thanks again,

Jim

I've always had the same experience. I've never found any Epi dealer that can get any replacement parts.

The only place I have ever found any is on Ebay.

I once purchased a bridge and tailpiece on ebay for an Epi LP. It was advertised as genuine Epiphone hardware; even though it was shipping from China. The tailpiece actually had the Epiphone logo underneath it. Now it may have just been a copy/fake, but it worked fine for me.

The bridge also seemed to be of decent quality. It was definitely comparable to the TOM I have on my other Epis.

The stock TP and bridge I had were rusty and in bad shape, so the replacements I got worked out good for me.

And I got them on Ebay, and for a very good price. :)

Thanks again,

Jim

that's odd. most of them are pretty good about ordering replacement parts. Stewmac is not an Epiphone dealer so it's understandable that they wouldn't have the Epi Locktone parts. I agree with Brad on the Ebay thing. a lot of people upgrade to other parts and Ebay the Epi ones.

Kurt,

My Epiphone ES339 became tarnished after sitting in the case for two weeks. I need to replace the tuners, pick up covers, bridge and stop. Tuners I can get from Amazon, the rest, not so much.

I would prefer to not have to drill or ream out any existing holes or cavaties. If you have any alternativies I would certainly appreciate the help. And with great thanks, shopping on line is nuts, especially trying to find parts for an Epiphone. I don't need original Epiphone parts, just things that fit.

Thanks for the note.

Jim

Kurt,

My Epiphone ES339 became tarnished after sitting in the case for two weeks. I need to replace the tuners, pick up covers, bridge and stop. Tuners I can get from Amazon, the rest, not so much.

I would prefer to not have to drill or ream out any existing holes or cavaties. If you have any alternativies I would certainly appreciate the help. And with great thanks, shopping on line is nuts, especially trying to find parts for an Epiphone. I don't need original Epiphone parts, just things that fit.

Thanks for the note.

Jim

Two weeks at the bottom of the ocean I take it?

rct

Kurt,

Thanks again for the note. Yes, two weeks and living in Phoenix, it's a dry heat. My air conditioner removes humidity fine, so who knows.

I took it to the Guitar Center where I purchased it and bought an extended warranty, they said it was not covered. So my search for parts.

I have been in contact with Laurie at GuitarFetish and she assured me they have what I may need.

Thanks again for the help.

Jim

I replaced the stock TOM on my dot studio with a Gotoh GE103b-t, with no problem at all. I found it a much better quality piece with added travel on the saddles if you have any intonation problems. They also do a stop tail.

Matt,

Does the Gotoh bridge "snap" onto the posts the same as the Locktone bridge on the Epiphone?

Thanks,

Jim

Archived