Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: 77 LP Custom

JM2112

Congrats to that beauty!

If I remember correctly T-Tops should be the original pups for your natural custom. Series 7/Tarbacks was in the Artisan and in the 25/50.

Thanks!!! :)

Yes, it has the T-top pick ups, and man do they put out some darn nice tone through my Marshall DSL!!! Even with a high gain the tone does not muddy up. This thing just rocks in every way. [thumbup]

Wow, just ran across this thread. That '77 is a beauty. I can't believe how great the gold looks after almost 38 years - unbelievable. By all means try the CLEAN channel, I guarantee you won't be dissapointed. Congrats on a great find. [thumbup]

Thanks!!! [smile]

I ran across this guitar and just could not walk away from it. I've always loved the natural finish LP's, too. It's in fantastic condition. It's been played, but also taken care of, and yeah, the clean channel rocks as well.

The tail piece looks to have been replaced, which I'm not too worried about.

Congrats on the Les Paul Custom! eusa_clap.gif Nice trio of Les Paul Custom's, too! [thumbup] I have a 1982 Les Paul Custom. I love the natural finishes, too. I also have a 2000 Les Paul Standard that's natural finished.

qfo87Vc.jpg

HIFlDTz.jpg

Thanks!!!

Sweet pair of LP's!!! [thumbup]

Yeah, I've always had a very soft spot for the naturals, and then finding this natural and being a Custom was just the icing on the cake. I just can't get enough of the tone this guitar puts out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks!!!

Sweet pair of LP's!!! [thumbup]

Yeah, I've always had a very soft spot for the naturals, and then finding this natural and being a Custom was just the icing on the cake. I just can't get enough of the tone this guitar puts out!

No problem and thanks! [thumbup] I love naturals, too. What pickups are in your '77 Les Paul Custom? Tim Shaw's?

No problem and thanks! [thumbup] I love naturals, too. What pickups are in your '77 Les Paul Custom? Tim Shaw's?

No, it has T-tops, so I guess I'll have to get another guitar so I'll have one with Shaws in them... B)

At least that's the excuse I'll use to justify getting another guitar to my wife. [wink][lol]

These T-tops just rock, too! I've heard similar comments about the Shaw pick ups as well. [thumbup]

No, it has T-tops, so I guess I'll have to get another guitar so I'll have one with Shaws in them... B)

At least that's the excuse I'll use to justify getting another guitar to my wife. [wink][lol]

These T-tops just rock, too! I've heard similar comments about the Shaw pick ups as well. [thumbup]

I figured it had either T-Tops or Tim Shaw's. Haha, yeah. The Tim Shaw's are awesome! Great pickups.And the pickups in my natural 2000 Les Paul Standard, incase you're wondering, are the 498T/490R combo.

I figured it had either T-Tops or Tim Shaw's. Haha, yeah. The Tim Shaw's are awesome! Great pickups.And the pickups in my natural 2000 Les Paul Standard, incase you're wondering, are the 498T/490R combo.

I really do love the T-tops, they just don't muddy up on higher gain settings and man do they give some awesome tone! I'm working on the wife to get one with Shaws, so we'll see.. ;)

I've got the 490/498 combo in my SG Standard, and it just smokes through my Marshall. They've got some real bite to them. I love my SG for hard rock tunes and my LP's for classic rock. [thumbup]

Archived