Gibson Brands Forums

NGDx4

crust

I always wanted an ES 335, The ES 335 Pro Epiphone I own is an unbelieveable guitar...but it's not a "real Gibson" (sorry Epiphone, I still love you too...lol). I had never played a Firebird, before yesterdaymsp_smile.gif What else can I say...These 2 guitars are sweet indeed. Also, I didn't presently have a classical or jazz box style electric guitar. These 2 Ibanez instruments are also sweet as can bemsp_thumbup.gif

4gits_zpsd69e9b2b.jpg

Awesome stuff man [thumbup]

How do you find the neck on the Firebird? I had one of the non reverse studio models a while back and as much as I kinda like the weirdness of it, I never quite got on with the neck which from memory was really flat at the back and ultra slim, which in theory I should have loved but didn't..

Still a cool guitar though.. and mine had 3 P90s, never had mini hummers, how do they sound?

yes, a fixed bridge, but it sounds...well, perfect...I guess that best describes it...lol

http://www.ibanez.co...ARTSTAR/AF.html

And, I'm really enjoying playing this classical thinline acoustic electric too, Galvador Ibanez GA35TCE,very nice little guitar, and man does it sound nice both plugged and unplugged (well it's not too loud unplugged, again, just about perfect...for me...msp_smile.gif

Awesome stuff man [thumbup]

How do you find the neck on the Firebird? I had one of the non reverse studio models a while back and as much as I kinda like the weirdness of it, I never quite got on with the neck which from memory was really flat at the back and ultra slim, which in theory I should have loved but didn't..

Still a cool guitar though.. and mine had 3 P90s, never had mini hummers, how do they sound?

When I play a guitar at the store, the necks are usually all dried out, from being new, or old. I try to get a feel for the playability, and I liked the Firebird, as well as the 335 necks. To me, they were quite comfortable, and "fast", not too wide or narrow. I have average sized hands (I guess..lol) and found the necks on those 2 to be quite comfortable. I applied some of that Gibson fretboard conditioner stuff to the necks (I do this to all my rosewood neck instruments) and man, are they slick, and the neck is super fast and touch responsive...is that a good term ?...lol Yes, I'll be playing these along with my others as I do think these are now, truly, my best instruments. Thanks Gibson. Today, at this particular moment in time, I'm a happy man msp_smile.gif

How do they sound ? Well, the Firebird can get loud, without too much feedback and the tones of it, straight up without effects, is "bright", not like the P93 Epiphones which I really dig. I guess it has it's own peculiar "voice". and the 335...well it's a 335...what more can I saymsp_biggrin.gif

I haven't taken out my slides on these yet, maybe tonight (I'm in the process of remodeling some of the rooms in my home, my "music room", being one, so things are in a state of dis-arrangement here right now). I'm going to try all the different slides I have (brass, chrome, glass, porcilin) and see how the neck is with them. I'm hoping the Firebird is all that, and that the neck radius isn't too small as I want to do some slide work. I might have to adjust the string height, I will have a better feel for all these instruments after I put a few hours on them, but, so far, so good...time to practice now...msp_smile.gifmsp_sleep.gif

Holy cutaway!

Hey, if you're happy with what you've found, and they all look verrrrry nice... and there's no (uhhhhhhh) contrary voice behind you, wow, you done good!

m

Thanks Milod. I've been practicing this weeks lesson (some jazz chords and "progressions") on both of the Ibanez guitars. I'm happy with both of them (for now), New guitars are fun, but sometimes, after playing them a while, you truly get a better "feel" for what the instrument is capable of. So yes, we all can say "the guitar I got today is the greatest", but I wonder If you'd say that in a year or 2...Maybe, maybe not. I have a good feeling about these 4 guitars. I do believe I'll have them (barring any personal catastrophes) several years from now. As with all things, I guess time will tell, but today, I am relatively happy msp_smile.gif

Very nice! Excellent acquisitions! Enjoy your haul brother! [thumbup]

As for the rest of you - I never bought 4 guitars all at once so lets not act like I'm over-the-top anymore, k? This guy now is our resident gear S*L*U* T [thumbup]eusa_clap.gif

lolmsp_biggrin.gif

Archived